post-152350-0-24124500-1464149193_thumb.jpeg

post-152350-0-80729200-1464149741_thumb.jpeg

post-152350-0-97589700-1464149759_thumb.jpeg

Trying to get the others uploaded

image_zpszp5rx2jh.jpeg

image_zpstt2wxvdf.jpeg

Edited by maniacmcgoo

Looks like Tron =)

I did something similar with my rebel fleet.

1464309819504_zpsf6whxq9l.jpg

How did you do the recesses? The way I do these, when I feel compelled, is with a sewing needle and very thin paint. It takes few layers but if you are patient you can get some super clean lines.

Especially with a black primary and bright secondaries it's important to go back and touch up. I would suggest maybe even a very patient drybrushing with that black again to help push those super bright colours back into the recesses. If you use a small brush and really take your time it should be no problem. If push comes to shove you can always try erasing, but that is a bit more tedious and involved than drybrushing and could lead to you accidentally ruining the effect. Erasing is basically just going back over an area with the basecoat to try and cut a sharper line on an applied highlight. The leading edge of your brush will always yield the smoothest edge so by going back over all your lines with this in mind you can sharpen up those colours and make them pop even more even though they are now thinner.

I did a base coat of the recess color on the whole model then went back and painted the panels black. The issue I had was that my dominant hand shakes due to nerve damage so I struggle to pull a straight line.

The green and yellow are imo the best of the five I may go back and redo the other 3

One way to do recess paint is to put it on and dont worry about going out the lines then while its still wet and fresh use kitchen roll to wipe the model away, you'll swipe the paint off the raised surfaces and leave the pigment in the crevices.

yeah i dont get powerrangers i get Tron out of those. Which is cool in my books

aiaiaiaiaia the power rangers are doomed, Zordon!

yeah i dont get powerrangers i get Tron out of those. Which is cool in my books

Or Voltron...

I like how the red one looks like it's on fire from the inside!

I did something similar with my rebel fleet.

Now they just need to assemble into the ultimate mech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZIE257Sv7s (I like that one)

Edited by Kalandros

The Tron reference was intended but i thought the power rangers would be better known, didn't want to paint them all the same color and my wife called the first one (the orange was the first painted) the red power ranger when she saw it.