Ranald priest quests

By k7e9, in WFRP Gamemasters

Any suggestions to what might be good side quests for a Ranald priest? And what might be good rewards?

My players are currently in Altdorf and will be for a while. It would be fun to tailor a side quest to the Ranald priest. The hard part is to include the other player characters (a Knight, a Wood Elf mystic and an Amethyst Wizard) in the quest as well. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Here are a few ideas although I should warn that I don't have the best grasp on Ranald on the forum...

Expose a known Sigmarite calling authorities to be tougher on crime as a massive hypocrite

Trick a devotee of Gunndred to reveal himself to the authorities by his own actions

A certain gang has started to lose sight of Ranald and so should be a taught a lesson

Steal two heirlooms from two nobles families and put each heirloom in the other's place as a way to demonstrate your excellence in the eyes of Ranald, and give the nobles something to scratch their heads at

Lead a certain guard captain on a wild goose chase that leads his career to be ruined, or just manover himself to make a fool out of himself

The stealing two heirlooms from two noble families and put each heirloom in the others place is golden. Don't know whether you stole it from a movie or came up with it yourself but consider it stolen by me for my campaign with an exact replica of this brilliant idea left in its place of course so you don't realise that it's missing. :P

Edited by Noelyuk

The stealing two heirlooms from two noble families and put each heirloom in the others place is golden. Don't know whether you stole it from a movie or came up with it yourself but consider it stolen by me for my campaign with an exact replica of this brilliant idea left in its place of course so you don't realise that it's missing. :P

I'm always happ to help. :)

The stealing two heirlooms from two noble families and put each heirloom in the others place is golden.

Agreed, that was a great idea, I love it. Not sure how to include other players (knight/noble, wizard and mystic) in it though. I'll have to think about a good way to include it in my game.

That is a great list of ideas.

Re the other players, if the "two noble families" one could be rival/old enemy of the noble player's family. The heirlooms might be a matching set of things - long ago all 3 families had members in the Crusades who fought as comrades and they brought back loot, in one case each brought back part of a matching set - what is only recently realized by the mystic or some other source is that (stealing an idea from show Grim) the 3 items each when pressed into a surface or used as stamps leave impressions that when superimposed create a map to a site in the Border Prince's territory where something is hidden.

So the theft as a "prank" is also a way of getting access to the other two heirlooms without tipping off the real reason for interest.

Perhaps Karitamen's tomb if you want to use Lure of the Lich Lord or some other site of legend that the wizard and mystic might be interested in. The site could be in Estalia, Araby or anywhere you're willing to game as well.

Rob