Birth a 1 attack deck so we can kill it later. That or kill the game.

By darklogos, in UFS General Discussion

First read here http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=26&efcid=5&efidt=248549&efpag=0

Here are all the clues:

Ive recently built a one attack controll deck that is pretty amazing and has only lost twice

no its not fury of the ancients

no there are 4 copys of that one attack.

as for the rest of the talk.its not zei mei,and i deal with kilik with a tiny foundation that stops enhances on cards that i name.very good card

The foundation in question is Valued but Not trusted. The last clue gave away 50 percent of the deck construction. It tells us that the character has to be able to play either death, earth, or void. The next thing we can tell is that the deck has a history. It most likely was built before quest for souls. So those cards are most likely in the deck. Next we have a character limitation and an attack limitation in the first 2 clues.

Assumptions:
When one looks at the symbol limitation and the idea that the deck is an control deck it could be possible to rule out earth. Most of earth’s control comes only from rashotep. Death on the other hand gets Rashoteps cards and other strong control characters. When we looked at void we see an overlap with characters who also have death. Algol is the only void character that could 1 shot but his character specific card that could do it requires a combo. This makes me think that is not it. So we are back to death which has the highest level of control. Chaos is put in there because my assumption is Zhao Daiyu. ZD can do damage without attacking. Built to damage negate and trickery she could last to turn 4 even against Hilde.

The purpose of this:
The reason the game cycled all those cards was to avoid what is being implied to existing. The deck is made by a solid player and is in the top fiver players of UFS. Even if we get a rough construction of the deck we know what needs to be erratad or banned. That or we will have to institute a minimum attack requirement. If we can reconstruct or make a facimile we can start making counter tech. I have no personal beef with Otaku. But I think his deck design concept shouldn’t exist in the game. If what is implied is true then it will force revert the game back to how it was and kill it. So this is done to save the game from the future cancer of the deck, not the person.

Death foundations

Cursed blood: Can get more foundation in play or destroy opponents foundations.

Dead for One Thousand Years

Lives for Battle: heal

Covenant Elder

Distracting Taunt

Flexible Body

Her Own Agenda: momentum drain

Ka Technique

Mesmerizing Dance: unblockable attack

Might Makes Right: make sure your attack can’t be damage reduced.

Perfect Sense of Balance

Stoic Assassin: know whats coming next turn.

Sworn to Protect: block recycling

G-Corp Leader: triggers lives for battle heal. Get back key control cards to be replayed.

Values but not trusted: Enhance hate.

The Twilight Witch: asset hate before it can be protected

Tower of Souls: get key foundation in hand.

Vengeance: possible addition not guranteed. But it does work since you would always have the edge when it came to foundations.

War Between Sisters: this card is played on your opponents turn to limit how much they can setup and attack you.

Professional Bodyguard: damage reduction and pops a block so ti can be reused with sworn to protect.

Intolerant of Failure: takes care of opponents enhance canceling cards.

Chaos foundations

Ancient Fighting Style: deal with discard decks and effects especially to fight Finicial troubles.

Chasing After the Power: used to block a fast attack like hilde.

Dread Pirate: makes sure you get your attack just incase it is revealed if your kill card has a 2 check.

For the Money: Block support.

Mishima Zaibatsu Leader: momentum drain. Good block.

Seeking Treasure: block and asset gain.

Temporary Being: get out a key card for kill turn.

Chaos assets and action cards

Ascending Zephyr: zone change.

Autumn's Kiss: add multiple 2 to a three damage or less card. You need another way to pump multiple rating.

Claws of Chian Tang: zone change manipulation to get stat pumps.

Devil Gene: Stop enhances

Invoking the Ancients: if Zhao is character then use this card.

Ritual Magic: Additoinal cards that are RFG. Benefits with Zhao

Soul Stealing: stun response so you can block.

The Devil Within: stun throw control. Also it makes them take damage.

Death actions and assets

Berserker Rage: damage pump.

KNEEL BEFORE ME!: Foundation hate.

Proficient Sniper: key card hate.

Sa, Symbol of Protection: more damage reduction
Stormhammer: damage pump

Tekken Forces: various potential depending on the build.

With that said there are a short list of culprits of who could be played. One may say that I didn’t list the attack. Well that is for several reason. The first is that it could be anything. The second thing is that built right almost any attack would be a kill condition. I do figure that the attack is within shadowar, tekken 6, and tower of souls. It has to somehow take down a character from full. How that is going to be done I’ll leave that up to the deck creator.

Now lets look at the possible characters…

Jin Kazama*: Why Jin. This card only works if you got 3 other Jins in play and your kill attack is a multiple. That’s it. Other then that he should not be considered.

Kisheri: Kisheri has the potential to shed her opponents hand to make the one attack that goes through being the only attack. But this doesn’t seem right for the time table the original posted . Kisheri can kill on turn 3 with the right offensive build. The control build would not be needed.

Padma*: If you are running that many foundations then Padma yells to be played. She doesn’t need attacks to attack. This makes it so that your opponent is taking 3-5 damage a turn possibly with little cost to you. The 7 handsize lends itself to drawing into your attack and also getting a lot of foundations into play.

Ragnar**: Its an weird way to look at him. But its possible. He has enough health to stall. Add in Heir to the storm to the deck you could get everything you wanted setup. He blows up his own huge staging area for crazy damage. He has 2 built in damage pumps that would make him crazy strong. He could kill with flooded nile throw or Sandstorm throw.

Rashotep: His E slows everything down for you to get out his cards just to end it with a big attack. He has more then enough cards to lock most decks down.

Zhao Daiyu: This is my bet on the card in question. She has the potential to keep widdling down health off various attacks. By the time the attack comes there is little damage that has to be done.

Good determination, sir.

There already is a deck that can just run one attack and win. King can just spam his whole hand of foundations, use his form, Path of the master, Game.

Well, there are a couple that can control down and run only 4 attacks.

King
Hilde
Zi Mei

But it's not them.

EDIT: James Hata can OTK as well.

Its gotta run some kinda ALiP + explosions if its gonna be a 1 shot kill...

oh, and if its gonna before sure built before QoS there MUST be discard included? either that or they are playing some Yoshimitsu shenanigans.

Yoshimitsu is easily doable with his unblockable attack and all the Damage pump that death has.

I doubt its Yoshi because of the impliations of history. I'm to an extent betting on ZD for the art of fighting without fighting apporach. I'm betting on Ragnar for wasting everything when the final kill comes.

The thing is that this is a money is no object deck because one would need crazy amount of rares and ultras to do this. Looking through some of Otaku's old post from the trading forum it would indicate that he most likely has the cards for the deck.

I can see quite a few characters that can get away with running only 1 attack and win right now. In fact if we really wanted to get down to it a LOT of character could do this. Anyone with a symbol matching Trained Far and Wide can turn themselves into a pseudo King by playing out their hands using the F on the foundations playing a random combo attack and using Path. Zi Mei can do it with Ease as well with a fully multipled Fury and a Path. Yoshi can play some foundations then play his attack and use Path.

Seriously....Just ban Path.

Sad to say but its true. POTM would be part of the banning. I think that is only attacking the symptom. There has to be a rules Errata requiring x amount of your deck being attacks. I could see Ragnar stalling for 4 turns for a guranteed kill. But he can do that now.

I don't se a problem with control returning to the game. Even if a one attack deck that can consistantly kill balls to the wall aggro does exist I am sure there is counters to it. While I did say that there are a lot of decks that could kill with one attack I don't know if those decks can last long enough to be able to do so. Decks right now are so agressive that I really can't see many characters being able to wall it up...

Thats what we have to figure out is what can and if so how. Then how to stop that from happening.

When people are saying "We must ban Path"

Are you telling me that Defeated the Rifle is making no impact in your area? Because around here people are using it to smash the path. (This is in addition to all of the other ways available to manage PotM)

First of all, Path won't be banned, because it'll cause an absolute riot amongst those who spent an entire year collecting up the patches to ger it (myself included) and Antigoth is right, there's a ton of asset destruction that is more than capable of wiping out PotM. To give a few examples:

Defeated The Rifle - Fire, All, Life
Scroll Of The Abyss - Death, Evil, Chaos
Scroll Of The Celestial Dawn - Life, Good, Water
Soul Wave - Fire, Death, Evil
Steel Slicer - Fire, Life, All
Shield Breaker - Fire, Death, Earth
Ymirfang - Fire, Death, Earth

So 9 out of twelve symbols have access to at least one card that destroys assets. So if Path is bugging you that much, load something that deals with it. If everyone's playing it, it won't be a waste of time.

Back on topic, I reckon the control character is possibly Rashotep, purely due to him having a controlling ability of his own, and Double Crown Of Egypt, but more probably Ragnar, due to having Death, and massive damage pumping cards in Heir to The Storm and Stormhammer. I do however, struggle to think how a deck like that (built in my head at least) deals with Power Of The Edge...

lol @ -this- is a counter to Path

"One card does not stop another card from being great."

I really dislike this thread. Mainly due to the fact that I actually like playing a control deck, just as much as I like playing crazy attack decks like heiachi. As far as the one attack deck goes it is prolly the one I asked shaneth to build and test for me. The thing is even if it is one attack set, it lost so it isn't the omg control from before. That and if he only played three games than it's win record isn't all that great. My bet is on yoshimitsu off of death. Although if I were otakuv I would prolly throw in two deadly rings and deathcopter. Also valued but not trusted is an amazing control card.

On a side note who are the top five players in ufs? And do they all have a card asset or character?

Viewtiful_Joe said:

First of all, Path won't be banned, because it'll cause an absolute riot amongst those who spent an entire year collecting up the patches to ger it (myself included) and Antigoth is right, there's a ton of asset destruction that is more than capable of wiping out PotM. To give a few examples:

So 9 out of twelve symbols have access to at least one card that destroys assets. So if Path is bugging you that much, load something that deals with it. If everyone's playing it, it won't be a waste of time.

Back on topic, I reckon the control character is possibly Rashotep, purely due to him having a controlling ability of his own, and Double Crown Of Egypt, but more probably Ragnar, due to having Death, and massive damage pumping cards in Heir to The Storm and Stormhammer. I do however, struggle to think how a deck like that (built in my head at least) deals with Power Of The Edge...

tannerface said:

Viewtiful_Joe said:

Deny their momentum.

Since we're probably talking Death/Void, War Between Sisters.

There is this card named proficient sniper.

There is another named power of the edge.

There is one named flexible body as well.

There is one named Faithful Bodyguard.

There is one named Purple Army Suit.

I could go on...

If anyone REALLY thinks a deck with ONE attack is viable....id like to see it

Smazzurco said:

There is one named Faithful Bodyguard.

There is one named Purple Army Suit.

I could go on...

Yoshimitsu's Mt. Devil Divider can do some damage (we tested it sans PotM) but 4 attack decks are definitely not very consistent unless you have a way to always get that attack (ohai King).

Smazzurco said:

I could go on...

It would have to be something with Heir to the Storm. Path isn't needed for what he wants, I'm almost sure of it.

guitalex2008 said:

Smazzurco said:

I could go on...

Fixed with removal of useless cards no one actually runs.

It would have to be something with Heir to the Storm. Path isn't needed for what he wants, I'm almost sure of it.

Iv played against decks running purple army suit and you haven't seen anyone run bodyguard?

Smazzurco said:

guitalex2008 said:

Smazzurco said:

I could go on...

Fixed with removal of useless cards no one actually runs.

Iv played against decks running purple army suit and you haven't seen anyone run bodyguard?

No. Does that answer your question?

Faithful Bodyguard only shares the weakest symbol with Heihachi and none with the rest of the Mishimas, thus no one really cares.

That and my scout never booked events that month so no one here has any lol

I also posted a one-attack Yoshimitsu in the deck building. It's probably not going to work but with me not having a single solitary Valued but Not Trusted it will be impossible.

many non-agro earth decks run faithful. Hilde can run it as well.

Its not an unusual card to be ran in my meta...granted its not in every deck but it does pop in a card pool every once in a while.

And purple army suit is lol in nina.

tannerface said:

I really dislike this thread. Mainly due to the fact that I actually like playing a control deck, just as much as I like playing crazy attack decks like heiachi. As far as the one attack deck goes it is prolly the one I asked shaneth to build and test for me. The thing is even if it is one attack set, it lost so it isn't the omg control from before. That and if he only played three games than it's win record isn't all that great. My bet is on yoshimitsu off of death. Although if I were otakuv I would prolly throw in two deadly rings and deathcopter. Also valued but not trusted is an amazing control card.

On a side note who are the top five players in ufs? And do they all have a card asset or character?

I'm with Tanner here, this thread blows. So is the reaction by darklogos - "wah, wah, the game is broke because decks with little risk can win consistently". As long as there is damage pump a player can run few attacks with lots of damage pump, apply it all to the one attack and win the game if the rest of their board is comitted to a) getting the pieces to push it through, and b) survival up until that point.

The reason this thread and the reaction is lame is this. Either player can do this , the game is still fun as it is jockeying for speed build or disruption, or a player can play a deck that is agressive enough to bust through before someone with 4 copies of one attack a) draws the attack, or b) has the pieces to make it kill/do what he wants it to.

In any case, the meta is far better about this now than it used to be. In fact, most block 3, and a lot of block 2 decks if I recall were build build build and kill with the large attack or loop small attack themed. Let's also keep in mind that good blocks are mostly on attacks now, some of this is mitigated by good checks on 95% of your deck as opposed to 80% of it in the case where many attacks are run. There aren't uber defenisve cards like holding ground, amy's, etc. and most defensive pieces are much more fairly costed.

The sky is not falling.

On Tanner's side note, (as much as I want to derail this lame thread...) that is more of a new topic thread, and if you start one I would place my vote for top 5 in an instance.

- dut

ps. it's about **** time people start mainboarding V but not T