The Psycho

By LordAggro, in UFS Deck Building

Here's an "off the wall" deck that came to me in a moment of boredom: Bryan Fury* , off Evil (yes, Evil ). Gotta give some props to Shinji helping me work out some of the finer aspects of the build.

The Psycho

Starting Character:

Bryan Fury* (6 HS 29 Vitality) ( Earth , Evil , Fire )

Other Characters (4):

4 Zhao Daiyu** (6/6 +0M) (Chaos, Death, Evil )

Assets (2):

2 Kunpaetku Shrine - Dream Remnants (2/5 +3H; Terrain) ( Earth , Evil , Fire )

Attacks (18):

4 Leg Slash (4/3 3L5 +2H; Breaker: 2) (Death, Evil , Fire )

4 Lion Slayer (4/2 4M5 +1H; Combo, Punch) (Chaos, Death, Evil )

4 Rolling Revenge (4/3 3L5 +2M; Combo) ( Earth , Evil , Void)

4 Upper Claw (4/2 5H5 +1M) (Death, Evil , Fire )

2 Dark Geo Da Ray (5/3 3M6 +2M; Multiple: 1, Ranged) (Chaos, Evil , Void)

Foundations (36):

4 Treacherous Offspring (1/5) (Chaos, Death, Evil )

4 All Life is Prey (2/5 +3L) (Death, Evil , Fire )

4 Chasing After the Power (2/5) (Chaos, Evil , Void)

4 Dread Pirate (2/5 +3H) (Chaos, Evil , Void)

4 G-Corp Leader (2/5) (Chaos, Death, Evil )

4 Hungry for Battle (2/4) ( Earth , Evil , Fire )

4 Merciless Fighter (2/4) (Chaos, Death, Evil )

4 The Hunt is On (2/5) (Chaos, Death, Evil )

4 Need to Destroy (3/5 +2L) (Chaos, Death, Evil )

General Deck Strategy:

At first glance, this seems like a straight-forward Evil beats deck; the attacks carry huge damage and work well with one another. Add Cervantes* ' check buffing, Astaroth* 's big damage pumping, and Kazuya Mishima* 's character-centric shenanigans. This adds a bit more power to a deck that is very easily capable of dropping double digits on an opponent whenever he attacks (a scary thought in and of itself IMHO). Add in some nifty recursion cards, and you have yourself an interesting deck, regardless.

Card-by-Card Breakdown:

Bryan Fury* - Lots of life, big damage, and can even offer immunity to redux. Awesome.

Zhao Daiyu** - Characters help set up some of the shenanigans that Bryan Fury* borrowed from Kazuya Mishima* . And I really don't have anything better to do with the 4 spare copies.

Kunpaetku Shrine - Dream Remnants - Anything that increases damage as a static is welcome here.

Leg Slash - A statistically impressive attack whose highlights including attacking the Low zone, having a Breaker block and more damage than difficulty. A very solid addition for this deck.

Lion Slayer - It may flip a 2, but the drawbacks end there. Great speed and damage for its cost, plus it has a great High block.

Rolling Revenge - Another stat-intensive attack with an absolutely nasty Combo E should I draw into a Low attack spamfest.

Upper Claw - Another 2 flip that is a statistical beauty, this one packs plenty of speed as well as damage.

Dark Geo Da Ray - If you have a momentum to spare, this becomes your designated killshot. You can come in for 20 damage on this thing like it's a joke, making it very comparable to Heihachi Mishima* 's Spinning Demon madness.

Treacherous Offspring - Spam fodder (very rare in Evil ), and Dark Geo da Ray likes the acceleration it can win.

All Life is Prey - An obvious choice, given how trigger-happy we've seen Bryan Fury* can be when it comes to burning up his own foundation base.

Chasing After the Power - Making sure you get to play your strings.

Dread Pirate - Grabbing one of those great 2 checks can mean a lot for your kill turn. And turning a drawback into a boon is always nice.

G-Corp Leader - Allows you to pay life in order to recycle the cards you blew up. Sounds like a plan to me, especially with all the life Bryan Fury* has.

Hungry for Battle - Big damage on a stick. 'Nuff said.

Merciless Fighter - Can produce huge damage by pitching characters to fuel the punishment engine that is Bryan Fury* .

The Hunt is On - Because fishing for blocks is made of win, and Merciless Fighter certainly doesn't mind.

Need to Destroy - G-Corp Leader 's favorite theme; blow it up, get an extra foundation and +4 damage, get it back, rinse and repeat.

Well look who copied my idea and didn't give me credit =p

Looks good, pretty much the same as my build. The only slight change would be to lose some Shadow Flares for Rolling Revenge.

-You already run more than enough 2 checks
-You'd get more 3 checks
-1 lower difficulty, can be pumped by Bryan (duh)
-Potential combo with itself and Leg Slash

Another theme that may interest you, as much as I love Dark Geo, is perhaps an all 4-diff deck, using 4x Leg Slash, 4x Rolling Revenge, 4x Lion Slayer, 3x Mezentius Style Santana Storm, and 3x Upper Claw. 18 attacks, all low diff, all pumpable, and works immensely with Unnatural Grace. You can then use Wonderworld Comics for draw power (the committed foundation is then blown up). If you wanted to be stupid, you could run Destruction in His Wake, using Lion Slayer, Leg Slash, and Santana Storm, DIHW (blow up teh stuffs), and if by any way you could pass it, play a Rolling Revenge which gets +2 damage off Santana.

Plenty of possibilities, just thought I'd put them out thurr.

(also, I didn't see any Wonderworld Comics in your build mister >:|)

MarcoPulleaux said:

Well look who copied my idea and didn't give me credit =p

Looks good, pretty much the same as my build. The only slight change would be to lose some Shadow Flares for Rolling Revenge.

-You already run more than enough 2 checks
-You'd get more 3 checks
-1 lower difficulty, can be pumped by Bryan (duh)
-Potential combo with itself and Leg Slash

Another theme that may interest you, as much as I love Dark Geo, is perhaps an all 4-diff deck, using 4x Leg Slash, 4x Rolling Revenge, 4x Lion Slayer, 3x Mezentius Style Santana Storm, and 3x Upper Claw. 18 attacks, all low diff, all pumpable, and works immensely with Unnatural Grace. You can then use Wonderworld Comics for draw power (the committed foundation is then blown up). If you wanted to be stupid, you could run Destruction in His Wake, using Lion Slayer, Leg Slash, and Santana Storm, DIHW (blow up teh stuffs), and if by any way you could pass it, play a Rolling Revenge which gets +2 damage off Santana.

Plenty of possibilities, just thought I'd put them out thurr.

(also, I didn't see any Wonderworld Comics in your build mister >:|)

Don't own any Wonderworld Comics ; that's why they ain't in.

I actually had this deck built for a while when Tekken was fresh (wanted to prove a point regarding Evil having at least one guy who preferred it), but your idea with Need to Destroy prompted a revival. And there you go, I just gave you credit.

Good call on the Rolling Revenge , man. That fix goes in straight into the deck.

But, but, but... Dark Geo is just so sexy... I can't take that out...