FFG We Want The Painting Forum Back!

By Joe Boss Red Seven, in X-Wing

Agreed.

How about bringing back the beloved and very active Painting Forum Star Brothers... It was great... All Of IT!

I imagine whatever reasons they had for taking it down in the first place are still operating. And since we don't know what those are, it's hard to figure out what we can do to get it back.

Hear, hear! Stock ships are boring as mom and apple pie... and people that are fielding exclusively stock ships are doing it wrong.

Not everyone has the spare time and artistic ability to paint/mod their ships, and paying someone else to do a good job is expensive.

There's an entire subreddit for painting and custom work...

Well, if people could refrain from posting pictures of, and linking to, items that fall into that grey area of 'does this break copyright or not?' then we probably wouldn't have lost the painting and modelling forums in the first place.

That is what moderators are for. I mean, there are mods here are there not?

I also wish the Painting sub-forum was back. I used to go look at the cool pictures on slow days and really liked it. It was also a place where people could get good advice. I wouldn't have to type up the same thing all the time. :)

Maybe they could do a general Star Wars Painting sub-forum that deals with Imperial Assault, Armada, and X-wing?

I imagine whatever reasons they had for taking it down in the first place are still operating. And since we don't know what those are, it's hard to figure out what we can do to get it back.

True....but maybe with the threat of it being taken away again, people will be a lot more careful about what the post. Even have others police the sub-forum themselves. If they see something against policy, they could use the REPORT IT button. It's possible.

There's an entire subreddit for painting and custom work...

Yeah, but reddit is blocked by work filters. This place is not! :ph34r:

I wonder what the reasons are for taking the painting forums away, because honestly it's a HUGE draw for new people to come to the forums.

Which is good because I don't like any of you crusty old buggers (JK).

Put up some guidelines preventing third party products on it and there shouldn't be any problems! DO IT FFG!

This.

I always love seeing the creativity of the various forum users (and especially Macross' scratch builds!)

Also this. The guy made an Arquitens for pete's sake! He's freaking AMAZING.

Agreed on the op.

I feel like I need to go paint a ship, just so I can join this Crusade!! HUZAH!!

I will *NEVER* paint my ships, but I fully support the right of others to paint their ships and display them in all their glory.

I do paint my Imperial Assault figures and love them deeply.

I will *NEVER* paint my ships, but I fully support the right of others to paint their ships and display them in all their glory.

I do paint my Imperial Assault figures and love them deeply.

There it is... The Magic!

;)

Well Done Boss.

If enough of us voice our opinion.

Then maybe.......just maybe.

They might start to take notice.

Here's Hoping.

The painting forum was awesome and is sorely missed!

Edited by Plainsman

The most likely way to get a sensible response/result is for every one who has posted on this thread to either email FFG sensibly or PM someone like Mod Evan.

He's been really helpful in the past.

The most likely way to get a sensible response/result is for every one who has posted on this thread to either email FFG sensibly or PM someone like Mod Evan.

He's been really helpful in the past.

Okay gang, who is going to do this?

Call it out!

:D

UPDATE: FFG DID IT!

_heart__rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif WE LOVE YOU! _heart__rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif

A GREAT MANY REAL WINGERS ARE EXTRA HAPPY TODAY!

REB%2BX-WING%2BT-65.png 37.gif REB%2BNEW%2BX-WING%2BRED.PNG

UPDATE: FFG DID IT!

_heart__rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif WE LOVE YOU! _heart__rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif

REB%2BX-WING%2BT-65.png 37.gif REB%2BNEW%2BX-WING%2BRED.PNG

I don't paint or mod (or, at least, haven't yet) due to a lack of artistic ability and a lack of time. I like looking at other people's pretty pictures, and I'm glad you guys have the subforum you want, but it's more or less irrelevant to the things I love most about X-wing.

I'm sorry that doesn't make me a real "winger"...?

I don't paint or mod (or, at least, haven't yet) due to a lack of artistic ability and a lack of time. I like looking at other people's pretty pictures, and I'm glad you guys have the subforum you want, but it's more or less irrelevant to the things I love most about X-wing.

I'm sorry that doesn't make me a real "winger"...?

YOU and a few other Super-Mathers get a pass... we like you guys plenty. The REAL statement is more a reference to Gaming AND Modeling... which is the original hobby life, you did it all to do it at all. (Or you paid to have it done... LOL).

:)

Going buck wild thinking about math or taking the time to make a cool picture... it is all STAR WARS MINIATURES GAMES LOVE.

:wub:

FFG%2BCMF.PNG

(snip)

...okay, the crossed X-Acto and brush is cool.

(snip)

...okay, the crossed X-Acto and brush is cool.

THANKS! I tried to tell it all in a glance.

;)

I don't want to take offense at the 'real winger' thing but I don't paint or mod X-Wing stuff because it is already so well done for me already.
I have done all of my Imperial Assault kit though.

I don't think painting or modding is what a 'real winger' makes - in fact, I don't think there is anything that would merit such a condescending title so I'll take it with a grain of salt and chalk it up to enthusiasm over the news :)

Fixed up the logo a bit so it looks good on light backgrounds too. Kinda felt right to make it a little better being STAR WARS day and such...

:)

FFG%2BCMF%2BB6-R7.png