FFG We Want The Painting Forum Back!

By Joe Boss Red Seven, in X-Wing

How about bringing back the beloved and very active Painting Forum Star Brothers... It was great... All Of IT!

damaged-tie-fo.jpg

We love all the different ways we see X-Wing fans engaging with the game!

UPDATE: FFG DID IT! 197563677.gif FFG!

_heart__rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif WE LOVE YOU! _heart__rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif

A GREAT MANY REAL WINGERS ARE EXTRA HAPPY TODAY!

REB%2BX-WING%2BT-65.png 37.gif REB%2BNEW%2BX-WING%2BRED.PNG

FFG%2BCMF.PNG

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven

Yes.

Also for Imperial Assault too.

Yes.

Also for Imperial Assault too.

It's a dam-shame we have to go to Facebook to engage with fellow FFG Star Wars Modelers... this IS where we should be able to do that... Right HERE!

60SA.gif

I agree! Bring it back!

I agree. I enjoy gadge's topic post but I would rather have the old sub-forum back....

Agreed. We'll keep it sufficiently busy. Promise.

Agreed!

If FFG is going to post pictures of customized ships and flout the hobby aspect of the game then we need a proper subforum! And with more intuitive picture posting thingers!

Double posting, I don't care. Gimme a hobby subforum to lurk!

I don't paint, I don't model. I ignore most of the threads that have anything to do with either. FFG please give those poor artistic bastards back their subforum. Of all the subforums, that was the one that made the most sense to have around.

While you're at it FFG, make a Non-Standard Format subforum.

I don't paint, I don't model. I ignore most of the threads that have anything to do with either. FFG please give those poor artistic bastards back their subforum. Of all the subforums, that was the one that made the most sense to have around.

While you're at it FFG, make a Non-Standard Format subforum.

Not to kick other forums but for real gang the most active Sub was The Custom Modeling Forum was the most active when we had it. People that do not mod ships and repaint stock models still just liked to come in and look at cool alternate models.

^_^

Hear, hear! Stock ships are boring as mom and apple pie... and people that are fielding exclusively stock ships are doing it wrong.

Edited by GreatMazinkaiser

Well, if people could refrain from posting pictures of, and linking to, items that fall into that grey area of 'does this break copyright or not?' then we probably wouldn't have lost the painting and modelling forums in the first place.

Edited by Chucknuckle

Yes, The consolidated painting topic is one thing, but it's not nearly as usefull as a dedicated painting subforum !
Please FFG ! :blink:

Well, if people could refrain from posting pictures of, and linking to, items that fall into that grey area of 'does this break copyright or not?' then we probably wouldn't have lost the painting and modelling forums in the first place.

... I know, so do other veterans here.

:(

Agreed =)

I may be relatively new to x-wing modelling, but I very much enjoy it and the work of the frankly amazing modellers and painters we have here. It's a **** shame it's so hard to find.

It's not like a subforums costs... well, anything really.

Removing it was a bad idea to start with! Bring it back ;)

Untitled_zpsl4xk1sie.png

Untitled_zpsl4xk1sie.png

Untitled_zpsl4xk1sie.png

Put up some guidelines preventing third party products on it and there shouldn't be any problems! DO IT FFG!

Yeah i mean I *personally* think the problem was people using the painting and modelling forum to:

1. Pimp their 'painting service' posts, bit off on their part really when its FFGs site

2. 'Co mingling' IP. I know when I was at GW we wouldnt have been able to print say Space Marines painted with Imperial logos on our website, for example. So while transformers/marvel paint schemes are really cool I doubt FFG legal saw it as quite so cool.

3. Again, using it to advertise, indirectly, third person sculpts of dubious IP.

Its like with GW again, you might enter golden demon with a converted space marine, thats cool... you wouldnt enter with a totally knock off space marine from another company

I'd love to see it back it was my fave section after main board and just before off topic!

I always love seeing the creativity of the various forum users (and especially Macross' scratch builds!)

Edited by FTS Gecko

Untitled_zpsl4xk1sie.png

Untitled_zpsl4xk1sie.png

Untitled_zpsl4xk1sie.png

I Luv You Bo Bo Jangs!

:D :wub: ^_^

Please bring it back!

Some active moderation would do wonders...

But yes, a painting sub. Make it general, for all games combined.

When i initially spoke to Evan from the mods about getting us 'off topic' and 'painting' etc I did suggest 'player mods' with limited powers to either move a topic, lock it and flag it for an FFG mod etc

It wasnt something FFG wanted to do was the impression i got.

I did suggest five or six sensible long term posters here as in my opinion good candidates (i didnt include myself in that list :) )

Would be pretty great! We could all get some PLogs going etc.

FFG make it happen please!