Different playing card sizes

By TheFlatline, in Doom

I just picked up Doom & the expansion from the black friday sale.

However, the cards from the expansion are about 1/4 of an inch larger than the originals. That makes swapping out the Dud cards not work, nor does it make the draw for the marines abilities quite as random any more.

Anyone else have this issue? Or am I beating a dead horse?

Haven't measured, but then, I sleeved my cards, so it's a moot point for me anyway.

The card problem is old news. :) It's not that big of a deal, but it is a bit annoying that they don't match perfectly.

Figured it was old news...

Still surprised that they let that one slip by QA though. Makes me glad I didn't 100 bucks on the two.

I got used to it pretty quickly. You only notice the different if you pay attention to it, so I just didn't pay attention to it. If it bothers you that much, however, FFG does offer a line of appropriately sized card sleeves that would make everything the same =)

Aw, I was hoping the 2nd printing of Doom had the same sized cards as the Expansion. Guess not.

What I've always done was use the original Dud cards since they're the same size, just read the text of the Expansion one. And as for Marine Cards, we fan them out, so the new ones are so easy to see mixed in the group.

-shnar

shnar said:

Aw, I was hoping the 2nd printing of Doom had the same sized cards as the Expansion. Guess not.

What I've always done was use the original Dud cards since they're the same size, just read the text of the Expansion one. And as for Marine Cards, we fan them out, so the new ones are so easy to see mixed in the group.

-shnar

Yeah we do mostly the same thing. I also have one of the new dud cards in a hard plastic card sleeve as a "player aid" for anyone who wants to see the real thing.