RPG compatibility?

By silenceindigo, in Anima: Tactics

Are the rules for the ANIMA miniature games compatible with the RPG or totally different?

The rules are very different (especially how powers work which is very detailed in the RPG) but the core mechanic (the d10 roll) is just a simplified version of the RPG's core mechanic (d100), the result is that basic combat plays out very similarly in both the rpg and mini games (roll attack vs roll defense, do damage equal to difference minus armor) the resistance rules are also very similar as well.

I have the RPG book and I am slowly finding time to read through it. The quality is exquisite and the volume is well put together with robust binding; something I have noticed lacking in other manufacturers. I haven't "RPG'd" for many years, since I was in the UK and Paul Ward (of Matakishi's Tea House fame) ran a game that I participated in over a ten year (real time) period. since then I have never been able to fine a GM as competent as him. I might try and press gang a few of my table top gamers to venture into the unknown. It is good to see that it does have some compatibility with the miniatures game but further reading is required on my part.

I am informed that more new releases hit Australian shores next week gran_risa.gif but as yet I do not know what they are.

Mike