Tavern Maid and the Barmaid denizen?

By Uvatha, in Talisman Rules Questions

Tavern maid lands at the Tavern and draws (or the Tavern already has) the Barmaid denizen. With her special ability I gather she can pick the number so she picks 6 gains a str or craft then can spend a gold and do it over and over again.. Is this right?

Edited by Uvatha

Good catch. As long as She has gold it appears that way. with a large group she could potentially have deep pockets relatvely quick too!

Oh snap..

When you think about it in Cataclysm she gets a hell of a lot better like the Tinkerer and Rogue

Or actually.. no.

Tavern maid special ability

'Whenever you visit the Tavern, you choose which result to use instead of rolling a die.'

Visit the tavern

'Draw one Denizen and add it to this space. Then visit one Denizen in this space.'

You can choose the outcome of die rolls sitting the visit the Tavern part (no die is rolled here in the Cataclysm expansion). While visiting denizens (such as the Tavern maid denizen) on that space you still have to roll.

Her ability gives her nothing now days.

So when your visiting a denizen at the Tavern is different to visiting the Tavern normally?

I'd have to agree that her ability does nothing on the cataclysm board. You no longer "visit the tavern" you now "draw one denizen and choose one denizen to encounter on this space."

Well at least it fixes this "gaining alot of str and craft tokens" issue. Good to know.

I'm gonna houserule barmaid to give her effectively the same ability as she had before.

instead of "

Whenever you visit the Tavern , you choose which result to use instead of rolling a die.

she will have:

Whenever you visit the Tavern , you may ignore the text of that space and instead choose one of the following:

+ Gain 1 Gold .

+ T eleport to an Outer Region space of your choice as your next move.

+ Cross the Storm River to the Temple as your next move.

Excellent resolution bludgeon

Agreed good houserule. Might just nick it :) .