Where are you getting your Quest of Souls?

By Shaneth, in UFS General Discussion

Just wondering where you guys are getting your Quest of Souls Booster Boxes at, besides CoolStuff.

Our store's distributor, Alliance, one of the biggest hobby distributors, says they have no word on the new Soul Caliber IV set. They claim to not even have a date for it. Following that, we had no pre-release. In the end, we're stuck with zero cards from the new set. Our store owner has searched everywhere for the new stuff, and the only other distributor he could find that was selling Quest of Souls was Potomac Games (another big-name distributor), but they sold it as a pre-order as the "expected release date" was December 31st.

So where exactly can we find Quest of Souls at? CoolStuff has been out of stock for some time now. Need to know ASAP cause there's a tourney in Virginia on Jan 9th and no new cards = no brokesauce and a handicap on our players traveling to this event.

Well we got ours from the Pre-Release kit. Other than that I don't know where my local usually gets his stuff from.

Potomac isn't a real distributor, that's why it takes them so long to get their product because they have to get it from a real distributor.

JDub said:

Potomac isn't a real distributor, that's why it takes them so long to get their product because they have to get it from a real distributor.

Fantasy Flight Games is a distributor. Maybe you should have your store order from FFG.

That's where we got our pre-release.

jasco games said:

Fantasy Flight Games is a distributor. Maybe you should have your store order from FFG.

That's where we got our pre-release.

We're getting ours from the Customs office, at the Canadian border.

Thing is, we have to physically get them.

Yup, Canada gets screwed over. I wish it was more managable for you guys.

isnt it more blame hieghtened customs security problems?

Hayamachop said:

isnt it more blame hieghtened customs security problems?

At this point, yeah. Worst part is we got our pre-release stuff okay. They're just screwing around right now and it's not FFG's fault.

Go go cool stuff inc for my stuff.

darklogos said:

Go go cool stuff inc for my stuff.

I hate CSI. I mean one the one hand I do like that there is SOMEWHERE on the internet to buy singles. On the other since they are the ONLY site that sells singles they charge whatever they **** well please and we are forced to pay it or not buy the card. Of course sometimes they prices of cards due to them not selling at the price they set but most of the time people are stupid enough to pay 40 dollars for one card.

I still hate my friend for not buying the 20+ Paid to protects they had up for a buck fifty :/

I agree with you. At the same time its the only place to get it a reasonable price. I'm not paying a 100 bucks a box for boosters. I can invest that much in minitures and get most of the good peices I need. Price point for card games compared to minis is crap. Back to CSI. I got a discount on what I buy because I've dumped a good amount of money there.

On Ebay there's a guy called Turtle Terror - I buy a ton of singles off of him. He has the whole "best offer" available, and quite often he reasonably accepts offers on cards.

My standing rule for CSI is that if the singles are more then 2.99 or 3.99, I won't buy them from them. And that's for the UR's. Rares I won't typically spend more then $1 for.

Antigoth said:

My standing rule for CSI is that if the singles are more then 2.99 or 3.99, I won't buy them from them. And that's for the UR's. Rares I won't typically spend more then $1 for.

In other news, Potomac's distributor got product and Potomac should get it today, if anyone cares.

guitalex2008 said:

Antigoth said:

So... does that mean you NEVER buy URs except for your playset of Challenge to Battles?

In other news, Potomac's distributor got product and Potomac should get it today, if anyone cares.

Nah... I normally wait for a month to 2 months after the sets been released, and then I buy. Wait for the initial rush to die. I've dropped about $250 in the last year at CSI on UFS singles.

Antigoth said:

Nah... I normally wait for a month to 2 months after the sets been released, and then I buy. Wait for the initial rush to die. I've dropped about $250 in the last year at CSI on UFS singles.

Probably the best way to deal with them.

Speaking of which...