Nemesis/Specimen X question

By Rocco49, in Relic

Hello, I've just picked up Nemesis.

We ran our first game using Specimen X.

There was some confusion whether or not you would take Tyranid threats that Specimen X laid down from his nemesis deck as trophies.

The rule book says that these threat cards are treated like any other. So this implies that you would.

However, the point was put forward that you could simply hold onto these trophies preventing Specimen X from laying them down again and eventually drying out his nemesis deck.

I was just wondering how everyone else had been playing this and the effect it has had on your games.

Thanks in advance for any advice or information.

Aren't you asking about the same thing here ?

There's nothing that says you have to give the card back to Specimen X, so I'd say you could take it as a trophy as normal.

I'd say it's a legitimate strategy to hold onto Specimen X's cards to help combat him.

We've opted for them to be taken as trophies. The rule book seems to suggest this is the case. We agreed to do this in our next game. We also agreed if this is to much of a hindrance on Specimen X that we would make a house rule to say that these trophies specifically have to be used for level ups asap so to be discarded back to Specimen X's discard pile.