Orc deck thin

By Supertoe, in Rune Age

Has anyone else ever been frustrated when your Orc deck gets down to only like 6 cards, either from Pillage, Beastmaster, Goblin Raid, or Reprieve? It can be both so awesome and so horrible! And it is always Orcs that it happens to, because they need the deck thinning the most.

I haven't, personally, because I mostly play the cooperative scenarios, so Beastmaster never has a target against which I can use the ability. In my games, the Warchief is my target unit. Once I get the Warchief, my gold is no longer a hindrance. Any gold I have during an attack can become strength by purchasing units. I will usually get my deck down to two or three 3-gold, some neutral units, the Warchiefs, Spirit Speakers, and some Ravagers for fodder.

But like I said, I can't really comment on your situation since you seem to be playing the PvP scenarios.

I play both. Even in Cataclysm this happens.

Interesting. I've played the Catalclysm quite a bit with my wife where she's the dwarves and I'm the orcs, but I don't recall ever having a problem of a deck that's too thin. It's certainly thinner than most other decks, but when I'm down to 6 cards, those are usually just awesome cards. That isn't to say that I've never had a thin deck. I remember one game where I was down to only 2 cards and had to build back up from there. I wonder if it's the choices you're making or if it's just luck.