Have you painted all your characters yet?

By kain7th, in Talisman

I only have about 15 i think painted.

You guys?

Hahahahahahahahaha. Oh sorry, that is funny. Painted. Lol

I have all of mine painted, but I didn't do the painting.

Hahahahahahahahaha. Oh sorry, that is funny. Painted. Lol

so i guess thats a no then? lol

No painted minis. I neither have skill nor money to do it.

I just paint all mine gold with a dry brush to bring out the detail.

I just completed painting the last 5 minis woorraa! Just missing the varnish. All others painted. I almost wish no more minis to paint thats enough haha. Not professionnal but i'm satisfied.

Working on it. It takes me probably 7 hours each I think I've done something like fifteen of them lol

I've had the Wolf and Death done for ages and just yesterday decided it was time to get the rest done, started with all the toads as they were easy, then went on to do another 5 or 6, my eyes are not as good as they once were and my hand a lots more unsteady compared to the old days of painting D&D figures 30 years ago, but I was reasonabily happy with how they turned out. Going to try and do 5 a week until all complete.

Edited by ElGreebo

The eyes are the biggest pita, some of these models have ridiculously small faces

I just completed painting the last 5 minis woorraa! Just missing the varnish. All others painted. I almost wish no more minis to paint thats enough haha. Not professionnal but i'm satisfied.

What would you say was the hardest one to paint for you?

I'm working on the Doomsayer and its proving to be a challenge.

So far dragon rider was pretty annoying for me, with the dragon head in the way of the face and the magical holes in the wings for her feet

What would you say was the hardest one to paint for you?

I'm working on the Doomsayer and its proving to be a challenge.

Well there are many that are more difficult than others, its hard to name the hardest one but some like the scavenger, arcane scion, ascendant divine and some female spell casters.

Yeah Doomsayer is a challenge, lot of details if you paint it like the picture.

It also depends if you want it to be exactly like the picture. Some have too many details for me and i did not want to spend too much time painting.

Sadly, at first when i started painting(no experience) my minis i made the mistake not to use a primer, the paint dont last long on that annoying plastic, so i used varnish so the paint will last longer. Maybe someday will re-do some.

I cleaned all the flash off of mine, then sprayed them with a black primer. After this I sprayed them all with Blotgun Metal primer...did an dark ink wash dip..let it dry and then clear-coated them. They look sort of like aged pewter.

There was no way I was painting all of these. I can paint decently but it takes forever and I just don't have the time or patience.

Edited by JediKnightAmoeba

So far dragon rider was pretty annoying for me, with the dragon head in the way of the face and the magical holes in the wings for her feet

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have started with her, I found it to be very difficult, will no doubt go back and re paint her eventually.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have started with her, I found it to be very difficult, will no doubt go back and re paint her eventually.

Hmmm i'll probably do her next to get her out of the way.

Were there any others you felt were difficult?

I prefer those with less skin showing since I find it difficult to get enough depth in the color to look somewhat realistic.

yes painted, but poorly (when I compare to certain other players).

Screw painting them all, I use playing piece cards from Jon New!

Hmmm i'll probably do her next to get her out of the way.

Were there any others you felt were difficult?

Yeah I try to do several "boring" characters such as the philosopher gypsy thief etc in between the fun ones (most evil and newer expansion characters) to keep my interest level up. I have the hardest time with the characters with tiny eyes and faces, I'm a perfectionist and the eyeballs drive me nuts on the small faced characters.

Screw painting them all, I use playing piece cards from Jon New!

Totally but I like the miniatures that's why I just painted them all gold.

Still working on finishing them, and have about two-thirds of them complete. I don't paint the eyes, as it's too much trouble to get right and you don't really notice them on the board while playing. It definitely has been fun though, trying to get them as close to the actual color and paint scheme as the cards. Most difficult ones so far -- the minstrel (stupid striped clothing) and the priest (boring lines).

I had Blue Table paint mine. Very costly, but they look pretty dern good.

How much? and they painted all of them over all the expansions?

Just curious, how much did it cost? Did you send them all the figures from all of the expansions? Did you also have to send them the character cards for reference purposes? I'd be worried they would be lost in transit or something. I'd love to have all my figures painted (base game + all expansions), and this seems like a viable option.