Alien Invasion - PG 116 NPC STAT BLOCKS

By waffles813, in Alien Invasion

Question on these stat cards for NPS PG 116 of Alien End of the World

1. When it gives me a weapon : Mandibles (2 positive, +3 dmg)

Does the ant start with a base of 1 dice? and if he uses his Mandibles he gets +2 meaning a total of 3 Dice before adding other influences. I know how dmg works but some of these monsters have (1 negetive, +2 dmg) (2postive +2 dmg) Are the negetive and positive dice simply what you add when using that particular task?

2. Is Dexterity the prime stat to use when attacking with any weapon? Im sure you could work willpower into some laser gun but in most cases is it dexterity?

3. Am I to assume that (-Single-minded)means that a PC could take advantage of this monster by being smart in the way they deal with it.

Edited by waffles813

Devs? Can anyone clarify this?

This is strictly my interpretation on this, but I thought I would give my two cents since I'm working on my own ant invasion story.

1) I would interpret the mandibles as a weapon, thus the 2 positives would be added to the one base, just like you would if you were to give a human a gun.

2) Dexterity would be the preferred physical attack, though I would imagine there could be positives from other categories tacked on. I would imagine that knowing how to use an alien laser weapon could be seen as a willpower check ("How do I work this?") before an actual dexterity check.

3) As I see it, single minded would come into play for a player engaging a monster after it has engaged another target. The primary target (human #1) would not see the immediate benefit since the monster is already focused on him, but the second target (human #2) could since the monster is solely focused on human #1.

Does any of this help?

Yes actually, it confirms kinda what I was thinking as well.

Some weapons add Negative dice (1 negative dice 3 dmg) - I guess this is being added because its a harder weapon to use?