Save using intelligence vs. willpower question.

By Professor Tanhauser, in Deathwatch Rules Questions

Ok, I have outer reach,and it's an excellent product AFAIC!. I really like it and think it's a great read, plus i deeply respect FFG for adding a condensed version of the vehicle rules to it so peeps could use the necron vehicles in it instead of referring people to the only product in the line that had the rules it. (I'm glaring at YOU, gurps.)

Now I do have one question here that I hope people will think on a bit. One of the new skills or traits for marines in this fine product allows them to roll to save versus certain vile xenos effects that normally are resisted by will with a roll vs intelligence instead.

So if an effect lowers willpower and you must roll vs. your rillpower to resist but you had the trait that let you roll vs intellect instead would you then roll vs your FULL intelligence and o9gnore the mod to willpower? that seems to be the only advantage to rolling vs intelligenc ein most cases.

would you then roll vs your FULL intelligence and o9gnore the mod to willpower?

Yes, it is one of the two benefits of such talents. You can use the best of two characteristics and you don't get penalties.