Using Images

By Crusaderlord, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

I have finished writing and testing a new quest scenario called The Lost Forge for the WQACG. Now it includes some new custom card using images for the enemies from another FFG game Warhammer Invasion which FFG have been using themselves. I have concerns about uploading to BBG as i have to confirm permissions for use. I hope someone from FFG will advise me if i can upload and use these card images more publically.

In the meantime i propose to share the file graphics within this forum.

Edited by Crusaderlord

People have been doing this for years with LOTR and others! Post away!

I would hold off. FFG doesn't hold the copyright for images for their licensed games, the licensor does. Also, GW is notorious for sending takedowns and C&D letters to anyone who uses their copyright, fair use argument or not (although recent US court decisions should give them pause about that behavior). Even if stuff is free (which Disney seems to be more ok with), GW is a beast when it comes to their IP. I don't know if you remember or are aware of the complete cluster f that happened over space hulk stuff on BGG, but it was bad. I would be very careful.

On the other hand, if you do post it and there's a takedown or C&D, maybe that means the old world isn't as dead and buried as we thought!!