Are Tactics Cards able to be played repeatedly?

By MattMan02, in Runewars

I'm getting ready to play Runewars (Revised Edition) for the first time this weekend; no expansions. I did a preliminary setup and played a couple seasons by myself in order to get a better feel for the flow of the game. Most things made good sense or seem like they'll come together nicely once the game is in play. However, one question that continued to resurface is when Tactics Cards are played, are they then discarded, or are they taken back into the player's hand to be used again and again?

My understanding would be that Tactics Cards are able to be re-played, only being selectively discarded once a player has more than 10 in their hand. Is this accurate? My only concern is that some of the Tactics Cards seem like they could really throw a game if a player uses them repeatedly every time it's their turn... but maybe that's the point.

Forgive me if this is an obvious question or if it's already been answered in this forum; I searched and couldn't find anything that clarified this. Thanks for the help!

In my original rulebook on page 6, all components are listed. In the "tactics cards" part, it reads "These cards are provided by a number of sources and are discarded after use ." (my emphasis)

You are right, some of the cards are very strong, and they would unbalance the game if they were kept in continuously.