ShadoWar foundation and multiple

By NetherDragon, in UFS Rules Q & A

If i use the multiple ability on an attack that has the shadowar logo can i use the shadowar only enhance on my multiple copies?

NetherDragon said:

If i use the multiple ability on an attack that has the shadowar logo can i use the shadowar only enhance on my multiple copies?

Multiples typically don't have enhances.

Can I get specifics cards that being used in this interaction.

01.jpg

"can you use ShadoWar's E to give 1 speed or damage to a multiple" seems to be the question.

im on the side of no since it's simply a facedown card acting as a copy of another card

Does the logo count as being in the text box?

Also multiple copies do copy the set set information and copyright data (it's not in the text box) ... is that enough?

Thanks guys, I forgot there was a card title ShadoWar.

In that instance:

2.2.12 Collector’s Information and Legal Text: The two lines of text at the bottom of every card. This text has no in game effect, though other cards can reference it.

This would be one of those instances where that information would be referenced.

So yes, Multiples will benefit from ShadoWar's E.

Could you then use Shadowar's enhance on a multiple copy of misprinted Hilt Impact? (Has the right logo, which is in text box and not carried over, but list SW as it's expansion in the collector info)

aslum said:

Could you then use Shadowar's enhance on a multiple copy of misprinted Hilt Impact? (Has the right logo, which is in text box and not carried over, but list SW as it's expansion in the collector info)

We'll get the functional errata stick out and wack Hilt Impact.

Thank you all fo the replys and sorry if the question wasnt clear.

Multiple copies also copy the block modifiers correct? For things like amy shennanigans

Aye. And they copy the "current" block modifier at the time they are created so if you've got a continuous effect up (Amarylis Spin FREX) things can get a little silly.

aslum said:

Aye. And they copy the "current" block modifier at the time they are created so if you've got a continuous effect up (Amarylis Spin FREX) things can get a little silly.

So if you had amarylis out, and multiplied an attack with a +2mod, that +2mod would be +4, then would become +6?

Yessir. Precise example:

Play Amaryllis . Play Flash Needle . FN has a Block Modifier of +4 now thanks to Amaryllis. Enhance w/ Multiple, both multiples are generated w/ +4 block modifiers, and then the continuous ability from Amaryllis is applied making their block modifier +6.

I linked directly to the cards in question on CSI since THD doesn't have pictures hotlinkable yet, and I don't feel like uploading 'em to the wiki atm.

ya i have amy built. She was just dumb, now she is retarded, lol.

aslum said:

Yessir. Precise example:

Play Amaryllis . Play Flash Needle . FN has a Block Modifier of +4 now thanks to Amaryllis. Enhance w/ Multiple, both multiples are generated w/ +4 block modifiers, and then the continuous ability from Amaryllis is applied making their block modifier +6.

I linked directly to the cards in question on CSI since THD doesn't have pictures hotlinkable yet, and I don't feel like uploading 'em to the wiki atm.

I am VERY sketchy on this logic.

When you create multiples, you make PRINTED copies of everything except the text box. Flash Needle is a PRINTED +2 block, meaning the multiples will be +2 before applying Amyrillis Spin, an NOT +4.

2.14.2.4 Multiple
Multiple: X (Enhance) - E Discard up to X momentum: Place the momentum discarded to pay for this ability face down into your card pool to the right of the Multiple attack. Each of the cards placed into your card pool counts as a copy of the Multiple attack with a blank text box and speed and damage values equal to the printed values of the original attack.

Multiples only copy the printed Speed and Damage values. Everything else that it copies is the current.

aslum said:

2.14.2.4 Multiple
Multiple: X (Enhance) - E Discard up to X momentum: Place the momentum discarded to pay for this ability face down into your card pool to the right of the Multiple attack. Each of the cards placed into your card pool counts as a copy of the Multiple attack with a blank text box and speed and damage values equal to the printed values of the original attack.

Multiples only copy the printed Speed and Damage values. Everything else that it copies is the current.

guitalex2008 said:

It also doesn't state it copies printed zone, which has been ruled to be true yet not included here. Let's actually ask someone about this, kay?

Wait, where has it been ruled that? It's been my understanding for quite some time that it copies current zone. I've answered previous questions as such, as have others, and to the best of my knowledge that hasn't been contradicted by a rules mod.

aslum said:

guitalex2008 said:

It also doesn't state it copies printed zone, which has been ruled to be true yet not included here. Let's actually ask someone about this, kay?

Wait, where has it been ruled that? It's been my understanding for quite some time that it copies current zone. I've answered previous questions as such, as have others, and to the best of my knowledge that hasn't been contradicted by a rules mod.

Give me a bit and I'll look it up.

edit: Turns out I had asked Hata about the zone. He said it's always been printed zone.

I'll try to get ahold of him again and ask him about block mods, I guess.

guitalex2008 said:

Give me a bit and I'll look it up.

edit: Turns out I had asked Hata about the zone. He said it's always been printed zone.

I'll try to get ahold of him again and ask him about block mods, I guess.

Well, that is true through version 1.9 of the rules. Maybe things will change w/ version 2.1 of the rules. The Multiple section was cleaned up to make it work better in V2.0, but maybe this is an oversight...

never has a multiple copy copy the current value of an attack.

It is always the printed value of everythings on the attack card except the gray text box.

Aslum you amaze me with your continual tries to distord the game rules... wow, i'm happy there's no more players like you in my meta...

Cass said:

never has a multiple copy copy the current value of an attack.

It is always the printed value of everythings on the attack card except the gray text box.

Aslum you amaze me with your continual tries to distord the game rules... wow, i'm happy there's no more players like you in my meta...

Chill dude. Read the rules. Make sure you are reading the most current ones. I'm not trying to distort them. In point of fact I quoted them above. Just because you've interepreted them how you like doesn't mean that is how the rules actually read.

yuh guys chill. aslum hasn't done anything wrong. there have been 2 or 3 questions asked regarding multiple copies and if they have current zone or printed zone. (which falls into the same category of the block mods)None of the rule mods posted on them, as antigoth said just a while ago, if someone quotes the rules he doesn't bother to stamp it. not only that, things may be getting worked out for the next version and they're not exactly sure on what they want to do. so they don't want to say one thing then release new rules that say something else. Don't be so hard on aslum.

Just making sure about something. So since it copies every printed thing about the attack does that include difficulty? I would assume it would but would like to make sure I can't do something silly like multiple Menuett Dance and then draw three cards with Artificial Soul. (Though that would be fun.)

Yes, it copies the difficulty. However multiples do not have anything printed on them, so yes, you can Menuett+Multiple:3 -> AS to draw three cards, as AS references the printed difficulty.