Does miscast mean the spell fails too?

By rundeks2, in WFRP Rules Questions

In general when you roll a chaos star it does not mean the action fails. Just that something bad happens and if you have enough successes the action still succeeds, just with some bad side effect. Spell miscasts are caused by chaos stars as well so if you have a miscast could you still succeed at the spell? Based on the other rules it seems like it should, but the term miscasts implies the casting failed.

Thank You,

rundeks

The miscasts (I believe) are detrimental side effects that may occur when you attempt to cast a spell (and the spell may succeed or not).

If I'm not mistaken:

Chaos stars could have an entry on the spell. If you can't resolve all of the chaos stars, you draw a miscast card. The rules just say to 'resolve the miscast card'. It doesn't say it makes the spell fail (unless of course the miscast card does). You can get in the position where there are miscasts to resolve no matter if you succeed or fail at casting.

Thank you both of you. This matches up with what I was thinking. I just want to make sure I was interpreting things corectly.

Thank you,

rundeks