Team Fortress DOOM

By WiliMakit, in Doom

I am currently working on a PvP team game for DOOM tbg that draws from the Team Fortress mod for Half-Life and Half-Life 2.

9 classes of marine per side frantically defend their flag while trying to capture the opponents. I am finalizing the files now, and after a couple of rounds of playtesting I will post them here for community playtest. I am TRYING to set up a website to host the files and invite discussion and ideas. If you have any ideas and/or maps that might interest me for this project, please feel free to discuss them here. I may include them in the initial release.

In the mean time, watch yer six and have a BLOODY good day! demonio.gif

I have no ideas (disappointed eh ?). Just wishing you good luck because I intend to follow your work, since such a mod sounds, well, kewl :) I am interested in that project :) Cheers !

Steve Jackson Games released a boardgame called Frag which was pretty spot on for FPS deathmatch. The down side is that you had piles of D6's and rolled billions of them and then had to do division.

That being said, I completely wrote a Team Fortress "mod" for it, complete with custom tokens/counters for proxy 'nades and turrets. It included everything in TFC, and had some extra game modes like Domination from UT. I'll see if I can dig it up.

That being said, have you played Assault from the UT Series? That would be HELLA fun to play as a board game. Especially with a modular Doom system. You'd have to keep track of the turns, and you'd need a "deck" of pre-configured assault points/maps that you'd draw from, similar to the random dungeons in Descent Road to Legend. Once the attackers go first, the defenders then get to attack, but only have as many turns as the original attackers used to finish the 3 capture point assaults.

I actually OWN the cowboy version of FRAG and it is a good system, but I am trying to do the whole "class" system for DOOM... I would enjoy seeing what you wrote for FRAG and seeing if it can help me smooth out my system for DOOM.

I have played all the UT and Assault was one of my favorites.. It could be a future project for me, but as of now putting TFC into the DOOM system while staying within those rules is enough of a challenge. I don't want to create new rules for the game, but find a way to adapt the existing rules to Team Fortress...

I have enough to post, and when I can get to a high-speed connection I will do so. Dialup doesnt work fast enough for me to try to upload even the small files I have. I should have the starter files up by this weekend. Let me know what you think...

I didn't use Deadlands Frag, just the initial Frag set and Deathmatch.

You'll see the rules are specifically geared for Frag, but a lot of the concepts could easily be transferred over to Doom.

The TF rules are not TF2, but rather TFC for Half-Life specifically. I wrote this so long ago that TF2 still was a realistic military shooter that was in infinite suspension.

Link is below:

www.donutbukkake.com/FTFA2.PDF

UPDATE!!! I had the two guys I game with playtest my TFC Doom last week and suffice it to say that I will need to do a LOT more work in balance and flow issues before I post anything.... It seemed less a game of cap the flag than a well-armed game of whak-a-mole! The map I chose strung out the teams too far to make team-work a good strategy. It took 4 hours to play and there were NO captures! Anyone that is good at making BALANCED cap the flag maps, point me to them.... I will try to rework things and see if I can beg them to playtest for me again... but they looked a little woozy after the last time. I will try to keep the forum updated...

Hi All

About 3 years ago, after being mad about Unreal Tournament, i adapted the weapons, pickups etc to the Doom Boardgame, primarily for Deathmatch. The file can be found at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/23589/utdoom-zip . Includes printable counters of weapons, ammo, pickups and Unreal specific items.

I am sure these could be helpful for your Team Fortress games by giving you a more UT feel.