Played the original and loved it! Want to get back into this game, but need some help

By Chron73, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

Hello everyone,

As a player of the original I love that FFG remade this game and I like the addition of identities.

From what I've read I like the Anarchs and Weyland so I picked up the core set along with Order and Chaos.

With that being said I would love some deck ideas for those 2 that I can build for now to relearn the game that would be fun in a casual setting, as I understand that I won't be competitive with such a limited card pool.

I think a Noise/Incubator/Hivemind virus bomb deck is your best bet. Drop Medium and say "all your deck are belong to us."

Can someone point me to something that would give me a brief overview of what type of role each faction is intended to play? I've played the core set a time or two and am at a total loss for how to approach deck building. Too many choices!

Also, not to be a nuisance Grimwalker, but your one line response to a beginner leaves much to be desired. To quote from The Simpsons, "I know what all those words mean, but I still don't understand what you said." Perhaps you might revisit your response and dumb it down a bit for us newbs?

Most of what I was referring to were cards that the OP owned, so it was intended to be Socratic. Look up those cardnames, put them next to each other, think about how that combo would work.

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire

Hivemind

Incubator

Medium

It should be enough to get him started.

Your question is also enormously complicated. You're asking for a seven paragraph essay which is complexified by the fact that each faction's "color pie" is not only blurred but the influence system makes it so any particular deck could have enormous variability even within factions...because every deck partakes of a significant portion of imported cards.

I apologize that I don't have time to type all that out on my phone right now. But, consider googling "Netrunner faction overview" and "Netrunner faction playstyle." I checked, those have some results like what you're looking for.

You're asking for a seven paragraph essay which is complexified by the fact that each faction's "color pie" is not only blurred but the influence system makes it so any particular deck could have enormous variability even within factions...because every deck partakes of a significant portion of imported cards.

Challenge accepted.

Bonus points if you type it on your phone. That was more my point: I try and be brief when I'm trying to fit my big sausage thumbs on my preciously tiny iPhone keyboard.

Bonus points if you type it on your phone. That was more my point: I try and be brief when I'm trying to fit my big sausage thumbs on my preciously tiny iPhone keyboard.

Would an iPad work?