Symbol Discussion - Good

By LordAggro, in UFS General Discussion

Just wanted to get the ball rolling on this discussion. I've felt that Good was somewhat on the fence in NewFS , because I felt it lacked the tools to be a complete symbol. Then, along came SCIV02 and Amy* , and Good has found its identity as a hard-to-block, hard-to-damage symbol that uses Combo strings to get the necessary damage across.

Characters Who Can Make Good Work (IMHO):

Siegfried* - The most aggressive character in the symbol, he provides what Good is at a premium of in big damage.

Hilde* - Using redux aggressively is awesome for a low vitality character.

Lu Chen** - Now that he finally has a diverse array of Reversals and some accessible speed and damage pumping, I feel he can be fearsome.

Amy* - Good luck blocking her attacks. 'Nuff said.

Temujin** - With the amount of Combo shenanigans available, his F gets better by the expansion, and Good will allow him to stay alive a bit longer.

LordAggro said:

Temujin** - With the amount of Combo shenanigans available, his F gets better by the expansion, and Good will allow him to stay alive a bit longer.

Better off Air to take advantage of both his abilities instead of just the one.

I think Good is an interesting symbol now with Amy's stuff. I still don't think it is competitive alone and, as you will see, my competitive Good decks include quite alot of cards that harbor Good/Fire or Good/Order or Good/Water and then a few cards that just have the Fire, Order, or Water on them...

I think Order is slightly more of a standalone symbol than Good, still in a character that can splash a few key Fire cards, I would with an Order deck.

- dut

Lu Chen** is a beast, but i think he's still better off Life. I played vs VaporGecko's Lu Chen deck that was based off Good a couple nights ago...this was the same one that almost took it all at our Epic Adventure Games Store Champ tourney in Santa Cruz, CA, although he'd tweeked the deck a bit with Amy's newer support.

It went to Game 3, but my All/Fire Steve Fox was able to get the win, despite Know When to Talk and Torn Hero's and what not...we both commented on how Life has better tools at the moment for what Lu Chen is trying to do. It was a great match up, regardless, and had us both on the edge of our seats the entire time.

I don't know what you could possibly be talking about dut but Order still sucks :/ Good is way more of a stand alone symbol.

Good just lacks a great character for itself. I think Lu Chen and Amy are probably the best for it right now. Seig and King are better off of Earth IMO while Temujin and Hilde are better off of Fire IMO. The sysmbol as I have said many times is the most spammable symbol in the game. Has a ton of GOOD 1 difs and has access to both of the 0 dif foundations in the game atm. I think its a great symbol in the game right now just needs a character or 2 more(Without Fire) to be amazing.

Sol Badguy said:

I don't know what you could possibly be talking about dut but Order still sucks :/ Good is way more of a stand alone symbol.

Good just lacks a great character for itself. I think Lu Chen and Amy are probably the best for it right now. Seig and King are better off of Earth IMO while Temujin and Hilde are better off of Fire IMO. The sysmbol as I have said many times is the most spammable symbol in the game. Has a ton of GOOD 1 difs and has access to both of the 0 dif foundations in the game atm. I think its a great symbol in the game right now just needs a character or 2 more(Without Fire) to be amazing.

hmmm Order less standalone than Good?

Not including shared support Order has - Astrid, Paul, random Nina and promo from Tekken, and Yoshi stuff. We are talking 'draw', better stun, card advantage, and better control.

Compare that to Good which has Lu Chen, Sigfried, Temujin, and King stuff. I don't know about you but only 1 foundation of Lu Chen's is worth running in a non-theme deck, same more or less goes for Siggers, Temujin has pretty much nil power/(common use) foundations, and King is about the same less a good throw deck and a zero diff card.

Good is missing some pretty key components in my opinion, all it got for Soul Cal was some extra reversal tech, some 'more' speed, and more of the same defense types (breaker from Amy's stuff helps a lot though).

Just my lowly opinion. Obviously with the characters out I'd likely dual Order or Good into Fire and its key pieces, but if I was to build a solo symbol deck I'd choose Order over Good any day of the week.

- dut

I find that surprising, dut . Good has plenty of pieces available. I can find plenty of pieces that more than one character can make good use of.

King* - The Man Behind the Mask , Enemies now Friends .

Lu Chen** - Know When to Talk... .

Siegfried - Hilt Impact , Memories of a Nightmare , Torn Hero .

Temujin** - Dragon Lifter , Dragon's Flame , Sweeping Tail Strike , Nursing a Grudge .

I don't think you're missing that many pieces compared to Order (universal pieces that Good doesn't have: Hammer of the Gods , Pommel Smash , The Ultimate Team , what else?). So please elaborate.