Rogue trader game over skype

By Commander Dante, in Rogue Trader

Hello everyone, I'm interested in starting a rogue trader game over Skype. I want to recruit players and one other person to be a game master with me, as an alternating team. One session I would run a story arc, then the next storyline would be ran by the other game master. If anyone is interested in either playing or running the campaign with me, please let me know!

I might be interested. What sort of time zone are we talking about here?

also interested depending on what time/ day this will be as a player.

I'm in CST. Weekends I'm generally off both days, so that's the bets option for me. If we had to make weekdays work for the rest of the group, I could do those as well...just mornings or early afternoon. Everyone that's interested post the times that works best for you and we will work something out.

I'm free most days except Wednesday and Saturday. I live in North Carolina, so time differences should not be a big deal.

Great, hopefully we get some more people interested. When we get afew more responses, and hopefully someone else willing to team up with me on the alternating Game master position, I'll post the setting of the game and some NPC write ups.

Posting my interest here, aside from the actual play time I'd also like to know what kind campaign this would be? I've played deathwatch before, but I like the idea of everyone being able to play a much different character (aka not everyone being a space marine).

I am interested as well. What classes are already claimed and how combat vs. RP heavy is the game intended?

I'd be interested, but Australia.

Not sure if the timezones would convert well.

I'd be interested, depending on time and frequency of games.

Thank you

Alright, seems like we have enough interest. Are any of you guys interested in being a GM as well? Referring to my ideal of having two alternating GMs? I'll post a write up of the setting idea I have, I think everyone will enjoy it...should have it finished and posted tomorrow. I am looking at one gaming session a week, so it would be played weekly. Content wise? I want to strike a balance of course, between combat and story. I was into world of darkness before the warhammmer system came out, so story will always be my first and most important focus. If everyone would, post what career you are interested in and we will get a good idea of foul make up

Just out of curiosity, is this going to be strictly using the main rulebook? Are xenos an option?

Also what format will we be using? Will this only be over skype or will we be using any virtual table tops such as roll20?

Betrayal. For those whom it doesn't kill outright...it leaves a festering and seething wound. It's been two years since the betrayal that left your beloved vessel a smoldering husk afloat in the void, the dying screams of your friends and comrades seared into your minds, as the hull opened and sucked them into the nothingness of the void, haunting you at the end of every day. The same betrayal that left your rogue trader captain a rotting carcass kept alive by massive and archaic machines, the dynasty left in shambles. But fate had something else in mind for the remaining crew of the "Ill-Repute". Across the rolling void, the youngest son of the dynasty has laid in wait and bought his time. He is no warrior, no explorer, not even a leader of men. But he holds the keys to this once mighty dynasty...and with his brothers crew back in the fold, maybe together old wrongs can finally be made right. Get paid. Get action. Get revenge.

(The group will be made up of former companions that made up the crew of the ill repute, a mighty and notable ship in a powerful rogue trader dynasty, laid low and nearly destroyed by a confederation of conspirators wanting the families power and riches. The new rogue trader captain is only a figure head, the youngest child of the assassinated patriarch. He wants nothing to do with captaining the ship or leading men into combat, but he wants revenge and wants to restore his dynasty to its rightful position. The group will run the ship and indeed, the dynasty for him. The first adventure will be the jail break from the penal planet Jebralter IV.)

It depends on what xeno race it is. If it is in the main core book, or into the storm, or maybe even soul reaver we can work something out I'm sure. It can be sanctioned in the use of exploration or furthering the cause of the imperium, like an auxiliary force. We will be using Skype mostly, although we will have to find an online dice roller. I'm exploring all the option roll20 presents right now.

Edited by Commander Dante

Well I was looking at an orc freebooter, although I know the view on Xenos in Rogue Trader varies from person to person so I didn't want to assume anything until I asked. If not I can work something else out, although all of that is irrelevant before working out a date and time for the game. Weekdays I can only do after 5pm (PST) which I believe puts you 2 hours ahead of me. Weekends for sure work best, can't do morning Sundays though.

Well best day for me is Sunday just about any time really. next best is Saturday after 7 here, so should be 5 were you are at.

As for characters, I'm leaning more towards seneshal or master at arms, but can change if needed.

Sundays as well. After 4EST ideally but ending by midnight. I am looking at a Nobleborn Missionary but can play whatever. I was the RT in my last group, and have never run the system before.

I hope I'm not too late but I'm interested as well. I can't find any local groups that play and I've really been wanting to try it out. I'm new to the game but not to RPGs. I'm free late evenings all week long.

I would be interested in either a tinkerer Explorator, or Arch Militant Officer or Commando (the actual RT career might play better into the officer type than the AM path).

But then again I'm in Australia, if it was 7pm EST on a saturday for 'murica, that would be about 9am sunday morning for me.

EDIT: I played a Seneschal for 4 years so I think I can safely say I don't want to reply that archetype.

Edited by Melas

Alright, I will have a set day and time for you guys by Monday. I'll look over everything and hopefully we can find a date and time that sets right with everyone. Don't worry about the time zone difference, I work 2nd shift so mostly everything I do is late at night anyways.

****, sorry, Can't really commit to a weekly game, not enough time with work and all. But thank you and good luck!

****, sorry, Can't really commit to a weekly game, not enough time with work and all. But thank you and good luck!

Weekly is a bit much. Would every other week be possible?

I mean, it really doesn't matter to me. I'm fine with a game that has a session every two weeks, I just didn't think most players wanted that format. If that's what the majority of the players would prefer then that's of course alright by me. I have most my adventures already written with room for various different decisions you guys might make...so running it once a week or twice a month makes no difference really.

I'm fine with ether.

Once a fortnight would work for me. But fine with either.