Desruction card

By darklogos, in UFS General Discussion

Is there a card that destroys foundations without an attack having to land? I'm wondering this because I'm trying to figure out a way to limit Kilik.

Well, Destruction in his Wake does, but it needs attacks to combo. That is really all I can think of currently. Also, Evil Destroyer does, but it is an E, so it needs an attack to use.

-Tinman

No, there's no destruction that doesn't need attacks.

Here's an idea. Speed the crap up of every attack as your first E. He won't be able to keep up for long.

Or another idea. Make your first attack be a stun attack like Zi Mei's Wheel Kick and watch him squirm a bit.

I'm dealing with a non-fire/air/chaos deck. Thanks for confirming what I thought. I got a kilik deck that builds super fast. I got to turn 3 and poped 4 attacks.

Try cursed blood

Cursed blood isn't a guranteed foundation destruction and it only works when a foundation is in the card pool but it might net me a foundation instead. It is an up in the air card.

darklogos said:

I'm dealing with a non-fire/air/chaos deck. Thanks for confirming what I thought. I got a kilik deck that builds super fast. I got to turn 3 and poped 4 attacks.

If anything, people need to start running some sort of speed pump OR attacks with higher printed speed OR high stun ratings. After all, for Kilik purposes, a Stun:1 is as effective as a "for the rest of this turn" +1 speed to all your attacks.

umm, don't try to destroy to beat Kilik unless you are doing it en masse, i.e. Kazuya.

Speed pump or stun is the way to go, stun if you are throwing multiple attacks and speed pump a bit more for fewer sole attacks (not really a big difference, stun can be better in most cases).

If you are really smart you will have a way to deal with Kilik, Pommel, any of the attacks that commit characters, etc. Granted All, Water, and Chaos have very little/no protection.

Personally, since I'm into Hilde, I find Dual Wielding to be some pretty big Kilik overkill, if used on the first enhance of a decent printed damage attack the speed you give it to damage (later restored X2) tames Kilik right away.

Someone who may suffer from Kilikitis is something like Astrid, although her symbols, stackable, and more are now offering her better pre-Kilik enhance speed pump as well.

Kilik is interesting, but as it stands he isn't that big of a threat in the meta, good against a thoughtless Astrid, usually Heiachi, and usually the same for King (espeically low attack King) as well though... He changes the dynamic of the tiers and threatens characters that otherwise were free to play lots of small speed attacks for big/sure damage.

- dut