Transformers extension ?

By silenceindigo, in Universal Fighting System

Are there any possibilities for seeing Transformers seeing an extension for this game?

I'm not really sure on that one. I do think it would be interesting though it might be a little tough to pull off.

Dear god I hope not, it's bad enough having the possibility of God of War and Devil May Cry... but c'mon, get serious.

More then likely won't ever happen. For some reason a lot of players are against other licenses other then fighting games being in UFS. I'm not against it though, but there obviously needs to be some boundaries. Transformers could possibly work, but won't ever happen.

Unfortunately I do not believe that we will see a Transformers set, since the only time any merchandise beyond toys really is pushed is when a movie is on its way.

Maybe we could see a promo card or two when the new movie comes out, but otherwise I doubt it would happen.
If it did, I would buy it in a heartbeat, Transformers would definitely be a great addition to the UFS universe! A diverse cast of characters, each with their own powers and styles, yeah it could work pretty well actually.

Currently Wizards of the Coast owns the rights to Transformers Card Games so here is zero chance.

Wizards is owned by Hasbro who owns the rights to ALL Transformers merchandise... It's not impossible but it's HIGHLY unlikely. (Hey Wizards did let White Wolf publish the Vampire card game using their patent and trademarks (the deckmaster logo))

I too would only like fighting games or titles with warriors or fighters in it.

the reason that transformers will most likely never be a part of UFS is because its a television series with a few games based on it whereas; ufs is a card game based purely on videogames meaning there is no feesable way for them to release it within this game

retched said:

Wizards is owned by Hasbro who owns the rights to ALL Transformers merchandise... It's not impossible but it's HIGHLY unlikely. (Hey Wizards did let White Wolf publish the Vampire card game using their patent and trademarks (the deckmaster logo))

Just to clarify - it was also the polite thing for WOTC to do, as they had taken the Vampire Licence from White Wolf, and then stuck it on the shelf when they deemed it too graphic. Also, White Wolf pays WOTC to use the deckmaster system. There is licensing fees that are then paid.

Getting the licence for something that's licenced? Not quite so easy.

Zangetsu said:

the reason that transformers will most likely never be a part of UFS is because its a television series with a few games based on it whereas; ufs is a card game based purely on videogames meaning there is no feesable way for them to release it within this game

no.... the reasons were made quite clear here:

retched said: Published on December 13, 2008 - 13:23:38

ironkodiak said: Published on December 12, 2008 - 09:44:44

Currently Wizards of the Coast owns the rights to Transformers Card Games so here is zero chance.

penny arcade, a webcomic, was the first, and arguably the most popular franchise of the UFS system. the upcoming ShadoWar set is a creation from the mind of UFS's creator. *Nicholas the Saint*, also, isn't a video game character, nor are any of the champions who won a character/asset. not everything is about videogames in UFS.

that said... STARSCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to see a Killer Instinct expansion for the game..."Fulgore WINS."

the game scream for a card called "C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!!"

that and a god hand battle pack :)

Admiral Ren said:

the game scream for a card called "C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!!"

that and a god hand battle pack :)

Quoted for truth. gran_risa.gif

It might be worth it just for those cards.

I dont feel Transformers really fits the scale of the game as it stands. Transformers are really martial combat style guys, they are guns and bombs for the most part, plus actually representing them well (IE: transforming) would really justify a much different system or aspect to the game.

Devil may cry and God of war, as much as I could care less for the titles, are at least to scale relativley to the game as it stands. Human-ish size people fighting with martial arts and the weaponry associated, not building size robots unleashing a hail of gunfire.

There are plenty of licences out there that would not only be feasable but awesome in UFS more so than Transformers because they fit. Any fighting or sidescroller beat em up game title (I WANT CASTLE CRASHERS), Teenage mutant ninja turtles, a good handful of RPG games, comic series, webcomic series. All of these would be well more accessable and better for the game