So Kisheri

By Nemesis15, in UFS General Discussion

I have been playing Kisheri since I got her at UK Nats, during the time I have been using a death build, but with the new set I have decided that I would try a different deck for her.

I was just curious to hear what everyone elses Kisheri decks are like, whether there running of Death, Life or Void..

I'm working on a life Kisheri. The man reason is that you get lots of Mitsirugi's damage pumps. I've theorized that you can abuse the her hand denile for a high speed accro fliped attack that can take out most characters. But the problem is that I can't test it until next week.

I was gonna try a different route with her using life attacks but using a tri resourced foundation base. Hopefully it will work out ok..

Nemesis said:

I was gonna try a different route with her using life attacks but using a tri resourced foundation base. Hopefully it will work out ok..

it might work out but its usually harder to do with promo characters because they dont have card set support that you can go with that shares all of thier resources

Your best option is to go a life/death combo and try to abuse speed/acro jank/playful or a death/void combo to try to abuse throws.

I think the biggest argument in Life is that it has so many hand-revealing cards. Needs a Challenge, Forced Prayer Divide, Full Moon Disembowel, Just Kidding, Tiao Wu Kick, Keeper of the Watchers, it's a pretty extensive list. The fact that 3 of those are foundations means it's very easy to ditch your opponent's hand, and when you combine that with Life's new aggro capabilities, that really says a lot.

Death is a good symbol, but really, it has so much discard, why even run Kisheri? Why not run maybe Padma, where you can run weenie attacks that deal mad damage and still get the same discard from Yoshimitsu and Nina? Death, from what I remember, only has Keeper of the Watchers for Death revealing, so...

Gut Drill, Soul Wave, and Iron Thunder make kisheri cry at night

The issue is who is packing those right now? The answer is not many. Gut drill is the highest probable card that she will run up against. I think people are saying they are going to side deck anti-discard but then it leaves you open to other elements of the meta. You only get 8 cards in your sideboard. Thing is Kisheri needs to build for 2 turns then go for the kill on turn 3. Once she gets about 7-8 foundations out she can go to town. She has to check a 5 to get her ability off that is something that is often overlooked. If she gets a playful or an acro in play she can be pretty mean.

All and all I don't see the meta going to strong discard decks yet. I think aggro is still way strong. Even if a discard deck could have a nice sized defensive hand they are still open to all manor of other side jank that makes them fragile.

darklogos said:

The issue is who is packing those right now? The answer is not many. Gut drill is the highest probable card that she will run up against. I think people are saying they are going to side deck anti-discard but then it leaves you open to other elements of the meta. You only get 8 cards in your sideboard. Thing is Kisheri needs to build for 2 turns then go for the kill on turn 3. Once she gets about 7-8 foundations out she can go to town. She has to check a 5 to get her ability off that is something that is often overlooked. If she gets a playful or an acro in play she can be pretty mean.

All and all I don't see the meta going to strong discard decks yet. I think aggro is still way strong. Even if a discard deck could have a nice sized defensive hand they are still open to all manor of other side jank that makes them fragile.

If yoshi and Kisheri take off, then keep in mind that soul wave and iron thunder can be ran in any deck, even if it doesn't match symbols.

In a deck running gut drill, with SW or IT in the sideboard, kisquishee will have a HARD time games 2-3.

Im working on a sandbag style kisheri, just trying to decide between if i want to side her in, or out, lol.

Note you have to run at least 8 of the anti-discard card to be dependable.You forget that kisheri has void and death as an option for her deck as well. Nina has attacks that reveal your oppnents hand and puts cards on the top of the deck which doesn't trigger anti-discard hate. Even if you sideboard into anti-discard it leaves 4 cards to pick to deal with the other weakness of your deck. I think what will happen is people will resort to more draw on their opponets turn to counter Yoshi and Kiseri. Thatis the biggest problem I've seen so far at home testing. If the opponent can mad draw on my turn or their turn you can't mill their hand. Ancient Fighting style stops Yoshi and Kisheri hand mill cold. It is the strongest anti-discard tech that is around. Lets say you deal with a void discard player (which is better then I expected) they can king of the ring/mishma zabaitzu leader for intial draw control lockdown. If the opponent has 3 cards in hand, which isn't hard to mill out, if they have ancient fighting style in play then they can get their cards right back. If they have more then 1 in play then they just wait and scatter their instances of using the card only to net a bigger and bigger hand. I'm saying all of this because Kisheri and Yoshi must attack to discard using their own abilities. There are only so many times they can mill their opponents hand. Kisherii needs an early game kill. Yoshi can last a bit longer but not much. Ancient fighting style forces Yoshi to main board Mt. Devil Divder to force a 1 shot or a heavy hit. Which he can't do well at all. Kisheri can playful but it requires 3 attacks on the field and if you have tapped any foundations for her R then you are a bit hard up to make checks. You are stuck playing fast but low damage attacks so you can flip them with playful. That is a big limitation on deck building.

I think the anti-discard stuff still stings. But at the same time I think that one has to commit 8 or more cards to make it a tide turner. Most decks can't swap out that many cards and do what they do.