A Tease that had my heart skip a beat, then sadness

By Tallens, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

I saw the post

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/4/11/return-to-westeros-1/

....on the News page and I was like "YES FINALLY" something for AGOT2, then disappointment when it turned up that it was only a repost

FFG don't do these things, you completely messed with my day! - though I don't know what you could have done to make this game any better I would have bought it!

Will there be a 3rd edition soon? :D

//L

...Finally?

Man, you should count yourself lucky that you don't play LOTR LCG, 40K Conquest, Warhammer Quest, Forbidden Stars, Diskwars, etc...

Edit: Ok, Conquest gets regular previews, so that shouldn't be on the list (although I REALLY want previews of Necrons)

But the last preview for GOT was March 28, so pretty much exactly 2 weeks ago. LOTR hasn't had a preview since February 2, Warhammer Quest has NEVER gotten any post-release news or updates outside of a FAQ and Diskwars has gotten no news since January of 2015. I know it's apples and oranges to compare LCGs to non-LCG games, but look at it this way. It's been something like 8 months since wave 8 was announced for X-Wing. Aside from Imperial Veterans (which isn't part of a wave), no news of Wave 9 whatsoever. At least you know you are getting a chunk of new cards every month or so for the foreseeable future.

Edited by FatherTurin

I am really hoping for a 3rd edition with White Walkers playing a big role. So far, the two expansions for 2nd edition have been very lack-luster compared to the two we got with the 1st edition (that brought tons of new stuff). FoC adds a new house (Arryn), but, as opposed to the expansion in 1st ed, does NOT include new order tokens, player screen, game pieces and so on. House cards, nothing else.. So you have to use Tyrell tokens. Talk about cheaping out.

If we do not get a 3rd edition, that means we will never get any changes done to the game board, which means we can't swap wildling threat with white walker threat, no balancing in GJ-lannister sea borders, no new houses (even if they include something new, like Boltons, the new house should bring modifications to the game board, like home area sigil etc.), and the list goes on. I think we will definitely get 1 or 2 more expansions (with Winds of Winter & Dream of Spring), but I think it would be better with a 3rd edition to come out for GOT S07 (and quite possibly Winds of Winter), in early 2017. Capitalize on the massive hype, while the TV show is still going strong. 2018 it is most likely last season, so they should work while the iron is still hot as ever..

Edited by Frode789

That aGoT games are stuck in limbo until either the new book / series starts.

Only a short while to wait until we can see some new stuff.

...Finally?

Man, you should count yourself lucky that you don't play LOTR LCG, 40K Conquest, Warhammer Quest, Forbidden Stars, Diskwars, etc...

Edit: Ok, Conquest gets regular previews, so that shouldn't be on the list (although I REALLY want previews of Necrons)

But the last preview for GOT was March 28, so pretty much exactly 2 weeks ago. LOTR hasn't had a preview since February 2, Warhammer Quest has NEVER gotten any post-release news or updates outside of a FAQ and Diskwars has gotten no news since January of 2015. I know it's apples and oranges to compare LCGs to non-LCG games, but look at it this way. It's been something like 8 months since wave 8 was announced for X-Wing. Aside from Imperial Veterans (which isn't part of a wave), no news of Wave 9 whatsoever. At least you know you are getting a chunk of new cards every month or so for the foreseeable future.

I get that the card games you're referring to gets less attention at times, I'm guessing they focus more on new stuff than the old stuff- which I guess is only fair if there isn't actually any new stuff. -

But

I also believe you're mixing The BOARDGAME and the CARD GAME up a bit, this is for the Boardgame, not the TCG card game - the TCG is "the new black" for FFG and since they are pumping out a new expansions every 1½ month to catch up with the show (just a guess) - it gets a lot of attention compared to older titles.

But this is for the aGOT2: Boardgame - this game havn't had attention since April 8th 2015 - which is to say just before the new season 5 of GOT starts on HBO last year.

I don't say that this game needs much upgrading/changes/new stuff - it is already in my top 1 games of all time - just that the topic made me think there would be something for the game, something new and exciting that we hadn't seen before and that made me all giddy! :)

//T

That is so disappointing. I have been waiting for new on this as well.