When will we hear of a new expansion?

By VX485, in Relic

Hey there to all,

So, it's been over a year since we got the HoT expansion, and nearly two years since we got the Nemesis expansion. And we are yet to hear anything of any future expansions/support.

What do you guys think? Will FFG come out with a new expansion soon, or will they unfortunately leave it be? Are they currently focused on supporting other, more popular games?

I really enjoy Relic, it has so much replay value, and I would love to see some new content added to increase that.

Same here. I hope for some new stuff soon. And well yesterday they showed up with necrons themed update to Conquest-sooo maybe new nemesis and stuff around-I would love Orc and Tau option for play.

I like Relic very much too. Hopefully they will release more for it.

I hope not... I dislike this policy of expensive expansions with nothing into them... I prefer "stand alone" boxed core game + "expansions" stuff (for FFG; but not for us, since you will never see "Cluedo" sold in "pieces" !!!

I hope not... I dislike this policy of expensive expansions with nothing into them... I prefer "stand alone" boxed core game + "expansions" stuff (for FFG; but not for us, since you will never see "Cluedo" sold in "pieces" !!!

Relic is great even without expansions, and no one forces you to buy them.

Oh, c'mon, what IvanB's saying is that every gamer, deep down, desires a sense of completion. I actually stopped playing Conquest 'cause I know my set's not complete - am waiting for all the bits to be released so that I can buy them all at once. That being said, Relic could definitely use a couple more expansions before feeling "complete".

10 characters that come in the base game isn't quite enough people to play a good number of plays and not start feeling like you've seen it all. Actually think base has the best endings, but more characters are/were sorely needed. Just would've wanted the Threat decks to get bigger, instead of adding the almost un-used (maybe 20 cards drawn total in 19 plays with Hot) Orange deck.

Oh, c'mon, what IvanB's saying is that every gamer, deep down, desires a sense of completion.

I know of many people that have this desire.

But not every person, and certainly not every gamer.

Anyway, I don't think this was IvanB's saying. It looks like we have both misinterpreted that post.

Apparently, IvanB's is just against releasing lame expansions (" I dislike this policy of expensive expansions with nothing into them ") but he approves the general idea of releasing expansions (" I prefer "stand alone" boxed core game + "expansions" stuff ").

I fully support such viewpoint.

10 characters that come in the base game isn't quite enough people to play a good number of plays and not start feeling like you've seen it all. Actually think base has the best endings, but more characters are/were sorely needed. Just would've wanted the Threat decks to get bigger, instead of adding the almost un-used (maybe 20 cards drawn total in 19 plays with Hot) Orange deck.

In my opinion the Orange deck is not so often used because in Dark Crusade scenario and all the other scenarios from HoT the game ends too much rapidly... Those scenarios are not well designed... Expecially Dark Crusade itself... In the average in 12 turns all it's over - usually with a common defeat of the players and an easy insane victory for the game "AI" if we agree to call it so...

Oh, c'mon, what IvanB's saying is that every gamer, deep down, desires a sense of completion.

I know of many people that have this desire.

But not every person, and certainly not every gamer.

Anyway, I don't think this was IvanB's saying. It looks like we have both misinterpreted that post.

Apparently, IvanB's is just against releasing lame expansions (" I dislike this policy of expensive expansions with nothing into them ") but he approves the general idea of releasing expansions (" I prefer "stand alone" boxed core game + "expansions" stuff ").

I fully support such viewpoint.

You almost got the point... IN GENERAL: I prefer not too many expansions or no expansions at all... BUT... IF the expansions are not so many and not so expensive... And they REALLY add some new mechanics and prolong the "durability" and "playability" of the core game I can think to buy them... What I also said is that I dislike - as you correctly noted - the release of tons and tons of new expansions with almost nothing into them... Take Relic into example: its expansions did not add really cool stuff... Maybe the Nemesis one... BUT... I see not a "Ork Warboss" Nemesis and related threat cards and assets as for the other "opposing forces" of the Imperials... As we know, the Eldar and the Chaos... Or the Tyrant hive Genestealer "Champion // Nemesis"...

Why also the iconic weaponry of the boardgame version of warhammer 40k doesn't appeared ?!? Why there is not sign at all of Jetpacks, Two handed chainswords (they added it as a mighty relic in the last expansion, however; but I mean... A base version and not a relic one that maybe expires - like some relics obtainable in the new HoT stuff has been included and seen) or the fan loved "heavy bolters" or the Plasma Rifles and / or the Meltaguns ?!? Why they added TWO copies of a psychic sword that adds a limited admount of points in Willpower battles or the Aposthate assets Mind Blower pistol or the needler pistol and rifle ?!? Do a Space Marine shots needles to enemies ?!? Does the Space Marines turned to be scientists or pacifists ?!? I think not !!! So... Why the adding of such types of weaponry ?!? NONSENSE !!!

Honestly haven't seen the other two HoT scenarios be any longer or shorter than most previous scenarios (excluding Corruptis which in my opinion is the longest). That said, I've only been keeping track of the number of rounds a game takes since adding HoT, but the average after 19 plays is just over 32 rounds.

As for the Black Crusade scenario, I've played it twice now, games lasted 26 and 27 rounds. First game both characters had trouble levelling up (ended lvl 2 and 3), while the Nemesis got to 16 infamy. Second game, Eversor was lvl 12, but only two completed Missions, Ratling got a Relic at lvl 2 and was levelling up, but with five Corruption on him, that's +15 for Abaddon's battle score, no-go there, with the Nemesis at mere 6 infamy. Not sure how you're ending the game after 12 turns on average, you'd have to flip nothing but daemon/traitor/heretics off the top of the Threat decks each turn (and any Nemeses don't even flip since they don't count as player).