The Emperor Provides ...

By eltom13, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

On page 143 of the core rule book there is a sidebar titled "The Emperor Provides ..." which details the use of the Commerce skill in order to increase the chances to requisition items.

Now, since Commerce uses Intelligence I'm wondering about the sentence "A character who chooses to develop himself in this way would likely seek to advance his Commerce skill and Fellowship characteristic."

Why Fellowship? Neither Requisition nor Commerce uses Fellowship. Am I missing something here or is this a typo?

Normally, I'd chalk it up to being a typo, but the character sheet supports that the changed Commerce to Int, where it used to be Fellowship; looks like sometime around Only War, they changed it. Still, much of what you would do to make the scene for a Requisition/Acquisition test should be Fellowship-based Social skills, like they would've been in Rogue Trader, so if you want to question about the goods, or make yourself seem a better customer to the seller, you need to be suave, or threatening, if you plan to browbeat them into trading. As much as you need to be smart, to know what the value of the item is, how much they are overcharging, how generous they can afford to be, and whatnot, only the social shopper is likely to get to the point where they even CAN try. My two thrones, anyway.

Remember that you aren't limited to just the one Characteristic when it comes to rolls; that's just the primary one. Others can be applied if it makes sense.

Fellowship is listed as an alternate Characteristic for Commerce (table on page 99). Presumably it could apply in many of the small-scale transactions Acolytes make, as opposed to evaluating items, negotiating major trade deals, or examining years' worth of business documents, all of which would better suit Intelligence.

With the Talent "contact network" you can use fellowship for your requisition rolls.

Thanks for your replies. That makes things clearer for me.