Food for Thought (Frequecy)

By MorbidDon, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

So looking at the DH2 Core Book I see Bolters are listed as Very Rare to Extremely Rare - no sweat!

After retooling my personal Tables I came to realize something!

Granted I am straddling two games now - DH2 and RT

If a Bolter is Very Rare I would dare say that's Very Rare only for the particular local System

This would then account for the FLUFF number of bolters as expressed in various media...

Whereas if say a Voidship component were listed as Very Rare I'd apply that to a Sector as a whole
(Askellon, Koronus Expanse, whatever) This would then account for the scale by which such components could be found

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may be splitting hairs but - scale wise I see two differing sets of "Frequency" though both games use the same Lexicon / terminology when Acquiring/Requisitioning gear and such - this is why I'm splitting hairs and sharing my findings!

Something to keep in Mind; whats hard to get for an Acolyte or Inquisitor may not be so hard to get for a Rogue Trader (by definition they are like Yeomen and or well Armed Merchants)...

character-acquisition-portfolio-page3.jp

If FFG does rehash RT - they need to address this discrepancy - for in RT a Bolter in a Sector wide search should be way more available then say someone restricted to a single world let alone a local system!

Stay GAMING

Morbid

Edited by MorbidDon