Will there be a dice app for Elder Sign?

By Doctor X, in Elder Sign

I have a friend with cerebral palsy and we've been playing Imperial Assault for a few months now. The Star Wars Dice app has been **** useful in that time, as he doesn't have the coordination to pick up the dice and roll them himself. Previously, I'd either roll for him or hand him each die and let him drop them individually. Since I also take care of moving the figures around the map, handling the chits and laying the cards out for him to see, the app has granted him some sense of control over the game and a bit more involvement.

I love Elder Sign and would like to play that with him too and am prepared to handle all of the tasks requiring manual dexterity there as well, however, if there were a dice app for the game, it'd be just as helpful as the Star Wars one. Hey, could even incorporate it into Elder Sign Omens and then I'll buy a 4th copy of it! (Have it on PC, iOs, and Android.)

I'm sorry if this sounds insensitive, I don't have any first hand experience with people with CP, but would a dice tower help? Or is it physically picking up a dice in the first place that is the problem?

I'm sorry if this sounds insensitive, I don't have any first hand experience with people with CP, but would a dice tower help? Or is it physically picking up a dice in the first place that is the problem?

It varies with the amount of control. Sometimes he can get a grip on them off the table, others, I have to pick them up and put them in his hand and let him drop them. The Star Wars dice app has made a huge difference in our games, and a similar one for the special dice for other FFG games would definitely have at least two customers that *I* know of.

One thing I can see you doing here is preparing a small Excel spreadsheet generating random numbers from 1 to 6, and entering a few codes like

=(IF CELL XY=1,"TERROR", (IF CELL XY=2,"PERIL", (IF...)))

and by nesting the 6 possible results you can get a perfect simulation of the green dice. And clearly you can extend the script to cover yellow and red and white and black.

Once this is done with a random function, it's enough pressing "Enter" on the keyboard and getting the results.

If you think it's a good idea, but you don't know how to do this in Excel, feel free to message me privately, and I'll prepare the spreadsheet for you and send it via email

Is there an iOs version? I'm pleased as hell to see this one and can put it on my tablet for him, however, he uses an iPhone for dice-rolling apps. (I got him the Star Wars Dice app so we can play Imperial Assault and the RPG.)

We'll just use my Android tablet. Thanks!