Frag Cannon Question

By Gideon020, in Deathwatch Rules Questions

I don't know if this has been asked, and if this is in the wrong area could the Mods please move the topic to the right place.

Is it possible to use the Blood Angel Furioso Dreadnought Frag Cannon as a hand-held weapon similar to the one in the new GW Deathwatch release? And what would be the best statline to represent the weapon?

Acccording to the Lexicanum I'd say yes. I'm not the best at creating stats and don't know **** about the frag cannon(maybe a TT player can help better), but according to the source I'd say high dice damage, low base damage, low pen(maybe razorsharp?), and high blast. Also devastating I guess.

Edited by Avdnm

All other Dreadnought weapons have the same stats as the normal heavy weapons , so... First Founding, p.42:

Name Class Range RoF Dmg Pen Clip Special

Frag Cannon Mounted Heavy 20m S/2/- 3d10+5R 4 40 Blast (3), Razor-Sharp, Scatter

Edited by Jargal

Well, except scatter instead of devastating I guess I was really close :)

Honestly, judjing by Lexicanum and FF description, Devastating is better suited then Scatter for this weapon, IMHO. And I even don't tell about math problems of Scatter and Razor-Sharp together in one cannon.

BTW, I forgot about one stats - weight. Heavy weapons have little difference in the book so I think 70 kg would be appopriate.

Edited by Jargal