Honestly, I miss Scubadude

By Shaneth, in UFS General Discussion

He was pretty much the official photographer of UFS.

At conventions, he would always skip side events just to take pictures of the players.

Anybody else want the vacant job? Pictures of events are mad good for memories.

I also miss ex-STG staff member George Hancock. He took my picture 4 times at Worlds 2007. 3 of em made it online :)

I'm sure other people would:

1) Take pictures instead of Scuba
2) Disagree with you about Scuba

Not that I personally had much beef with him, I remember when I was there the last time (wanting PotM badly before rotation was even announced), people would trade with ME because I was the only one with money cards that Scuba wanted, so that I could trade my money cards with Scuba's cards that everyone else needed. It's a shame, really, how a player forces others to go elsewhere for cards instead of trading with them.

How's that Hades Destroyer working out for you, Tag? ;)

Then there's the whole "we will help pay for the trip" thing, but I could maybe chalk it up to a misunderstanding (I ended up paying for all THREE of us to go, including food and travel by train, draining my savings basically).

I don't miss him. AT ALL.

Shaneth said:

He was pretty much the official photographer of UFS.

At conventions, he would always skip side events just to take pictures of the players.

Anybody else want the vacant job? Pictures of events are mad good for memories.

So what you're saying is that he can be replaced with just about anyone with a digital camera?

Aslum did a heck of a job of taking photos at worlds this year.

http://www.aslum.net/gallery/main.php

Please keep Scuba as far away from this game as possible. He was single handedly responsible for killing UFS in his playgroup.

When Vik returned to the boards he actually apologized to everyone for introducing Scuba to the game. If Vik apologized, that says something. It really does.

I could go on... but I'll simply point to ShadowDragon's response above, and leave it there.

He did give me free cards at worlds this year....but thats being said thats about all hes actually done for the game and yeah i agree with pretty much everyone above

And if you need a photographer see antigoths statement above i was with Aslum at worlds most of the time and yes he took pictures of EVERYTHING!!!!

The moment he cheated against me at the PotM event I've lost all respect towards him.

So... I'll be sure to remember to bring my cam next time I'm at any big event.

guitalex2008 said:

Not that I personally had much beef with him, I remember when I was there the last time (wanting PotM badly before rotation was even announced), people would trade with ME because I was the only one with money cards that Scuba wanted, so that I could trade my money cards with Scuba's cards that everyone else needed. It's a shame, really, how a player forces others to go elsewhere for cards instead of trading with them.

How's that Hades Destroyer working out for you, Tag? ;)

Yeah, trading with Scuba sucked pretty hard 100% of the time.

Pretty good, also. I've been meaning to re-visit the big guy for some time, just unsure as to how I want to do it.

Count me among the few that never had a personal issue with him. I didn't care for the stories I heard about him, but I only judge people based on my personal interactions with them. I don't have any proof of him ever doing wrong by me, so as with everyone I meet, I treated him with the same amount of respect he showed me.

To be honest I can think of several current players I like less than Scuba, but that's neither here nor there.

SCUBADOOOOOOD!!!!!

I have met Scuba, and well...yeah good riddance to bad rubbish. From what I have been able to gather his playerbase is pretty much gone and they have not had too much success in revivng it last I heard.

DoubleD said:

SCUBADOOOOOOD!!!!!

I have met Scuba, and well...yeah good riddance to bad rubbish. From what I have been able to gather his playerbase is pretty much gone and they have not had too much success in revivng it last I heard.

didnt vik come back with a couple of people though?

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

DoubleD said:

SCUBADOOOOOOD!!!!!

didnt vik come back with a couple of people though?

Playgroup is still struggling. People just don't have money to buy new cards for the new format, and one of the last few holdouts from the Scuba era finally quit, as well as another one being sick (and ending up in the hospital) and thus unable to play for the last month.

Fort Myers is hanging by a thread, more or less. The "playgroup" is mostly relegated to just J and Vik, with occasional other people.

I had no issues with the guy. Honestly I'm going to be the stick in the mud here and say it's prob not really approprate to bash him in a forum like this, especally since he distanced himself from this game some time ago. It's not as if he was some scammer or a real jerk, some people just though him a pain in the ass.

I'm not going to post anything re: my opinion of Scuba.

These types of threads are a black mark on our community and shouldn't be started or contributed to further in any respect. That is my only opinion I want to share in this thread.

- dut

Protoaddict said:

I had no issues with the guy. Honestly I'm going to be the stick in the mud here and say it's prob not really approprate to bash him in a forum like this, especally since he distanced himself from this game some time ago. It's not as if he was some scammer or a real jerk, some people just though him a pain in the ass.

Does taking playsets of the reprinted cards out of prize support for himself before distributing any of them count? How about keeping 12 copies of PotM for himself and even giving people who earned 8+ patches only two of them each, and not even giving two people their PotMs after the event?

edit: For the record, me and my then-"teammate" Jon (quit playing because block 3 got too boring + couldn't stand Scuba anymore) earned 12 of the 13 patches (neither of us could make it to the last event), a few of them in multiples, and got 2 PotMs total.

Tagrineth said:

edit: For the record, me and my then-"teammate" Jon (quit playing because block 3 got too boring + couldn't stand Scuba anymore) earned 12 of the 13 patches (neither of us could make it to the last event), a few of them in multiples, and got 2 PotMs total.

He also sort of cheated a member of my playgroup in the top 8 of a regionals. Vitality miscounts FTFail.

i brought Vik back to the game, and yeah its just me and him in our playgroup now...prolly gonna be just him soon...if i could find someone to buy me out lol

Actually I'm glad he left, he was kinda creepy always hitting on people like Dani((dont know if i spelled that right sorry))and my sister. Now some one I do miss is Scott Gaines he quit the game and turned to magic.

Chris yeah good riddence, he picked on too many people as it is and gave Dani fits, he needs to stay as FAR away from this game as possible... yeah he's good for a laugh every once in a while... but he's downright obnoxious.

as for Scott, yeah i knew that a long time ago, sad really i've tried to talk him into geting back into the game but he said iirc "Until Hata allows us to playtest against Legacy, this game will not grow" i'm paraphrasing that, he also thinks the game is unballanced... bleh... seeing as i only play Block3 extended i wouldnt know.

N.J.

Ok Scuba might have been an odd guy.. But I will say he won't be easily replaced as UFS Photographer.

joe10lo said:

Now some one I do miss is Scott Gaines he quit the game and turned to magic.

Tapout traded him MTG for the rest of his UFS.

Shaneth said:

joe10lo said:

Now some one I do miss is Scott Gaines he quit the game and turned to magic.

Dis is teh trooth.

Tapout traded him MTG for the rest of his UFS.

That and like, 8 Paths and other stoof.

Great now I'm sad that I miss Scott...way to kill a buzz.

Still, I think Aslum did a great job at GenCon with photos.

from the looks of the trade forums there are several people selling their entire collections...even though i sold all of mine i will still hang around the forums once in a while, UFS still has the best community in any card game ever,

For what it's worth I'll be happy to give anyone else who wants to post UFS pictures a gallery. And yeah, I'll be sure to take lots of pictures at any future big events I attend.

As far as Scuba's concerned, I'll refrain from comment.