They keep making them better and better...

By Shaneth, in UFS General Discussion

When mini-block was first announced, a lot of people thought that Ragnar was the sleeping giant of the new format.

When Tekken was released, Ragnar was replaced immediately by Bryan Fury, where the only real loss was 1vit.

Now Quest of Souls is released, and Mitsurugi seems incredibly better than Bryan Fury. Again, only real loss is 1vit.

6/30 --- 6/29 --- 6/28

Mitsurugi doesn't have Earth tho, so Earth aggro decks will continue to play Bryan Fury.

I guess Bryan Fury would make okay tech vs damage redux. A good sideboard option for Mitsurugi. That is, IF more damage redux comes out and IF Mitsurugi doesn't already overpower it.

Mitsurugi is pretty clutch. Adon v2.0 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High blocks FTW, baby!

but if he's running low attax?

No need; he has speed buffing on his side. And Life also has Stun , in order to make his attacks ridiculously unblockable. I'm running him off Life because of that. gran_risa.gif

Mitsurugi is just stupid rawr smash face on any of his symbols.. 14 speed 19 damage attacks second or third round wasn't uncommon when I faced our group's Samurai O_o

Thats why strange fashion isn't going to save people against him. He can do crazy stuff way to easily.

Ragnar was replaced by Bryan Fury who was replaced by Mitsurugi...

...which is true, if you're stupid, perhaps.

I wouldn't even compare Ragnar to Bryan Fury, or Bryan Fury to Mitsurugi, or any in any combination.

Ragnar and Bryan don't play similarly. Bryan Fury is at an all-time challenge facing Stand Off because if he blows up for +4, not only can Stand Off reduce it by 4, but at the rate he causes fireworks, he won't have the foundations to commit (or want to commit). Ragnar doesn't have this problem.

Next, Ragnar and Fury pump diferently. Ragnar loses vitality and taps-out. Bryan loses no vitality, but very quickly loses staging presence. Also, Bryan Fury HAS to run a line-up of 5 damage attacks for all intents and purposes, or else, why run him? Ragnar can run absolutely anything he wants, has the combo-specific Stormhammer effect, and has mad conjunction with such cards as Heir to the Storm and Unstoppable Warrior. Also, contrary to what EVERYBODY THINKS, Evil Bryan Fury is his absolute best symbol. Evil Bryan gives him access to Need to Destroy and G-Corp Leader, two indispensible cards for Bryan. Bryan can pop 1 NTD, pop its copy, and then G Corp it back to the hand. Evil Bryan also has access to stupid good kills such as Upper Claw and Lion Slayer, 4 difficulty cards that take out every 7 hander in two unblocked shots, and puts any 6 hander in Crying Game range of death.

As for Mitsurugi, he shares only one symbol with Bryan, and almost nothing in common. Bryan is just "I am Reckless/Strives for Perfection in a character", Mitsu is "I'm the next best thing since sliced ***Adon***," Once more, Mitsu and Bryan only share Fire, and when it comes to Mitsu, he has 3 top tier symbols capable of vastly different possibilities, not to mention, I personally feel Life is his best symbol.

I agree that they're definitely upping aggro character's game, but no aggro character plays alike.

Mitsu requires either all attacks of the same zone, or zone-changing skill. He's also more for Combo aggro.
Bryan, as I've said, is best off Evil, which makes him COMPLETELY different from ANY aggro character except for maybe Astaroth
Astaroth is all about raw, huge damage. While a lot of people ***** "he's all about LOSING the foundation war", that isn't necessarily a bad thing when turn 2 you can pump a throw by 4, and let's keep in mind, you've got 28 health, Earth and Fire to stall, and can combo stupid well with Unstoppable Warrior.
Ragnar is all about losing health to super charge an attack with a combined Stormhammer and Heir to the Storm
Siegfried is all about simple, free damage pump, ignoring any costs or restrictions, making him the most fluid, simple aggro character in the game.

Sorry if I ranted too much, but really, seems like every post you make is an extremely over-simplistic analysis of the game based off of some minor coincidences and slight truths. There's a bigger portrait to paint, and sorry if I crash your thread to paint it.

But I will agree that aggro is getting better and better with each set, and that Mitsurugi is going to make waves. Giving a potential +3 +2 to every attack is retarded in this format, and Full Moon Disembowel and Needs a Challenge are going to be some of the most format-changing cards.