Khorne Allies

By The Envoy, in WFRP Gamemasters

Hey!

I still don't know enough about the Warhammer lore, but I'm trying my best.

In my current adventure, the players are facing a champion of Khorne who is preparing an assault against three different villages.

There is an orc camp in the area, as well as some beastmen.

Would it be possible for the Khorne champion to win both, the Orcs and the beastmen, to aid his cause in razing those villages?

They can, but as allies. So they could turn on him later on.

Orcs respect strength, they love to fight. But after atatcking the village, they will need something else. They could turn on the Champion, or the beastmen, or leave for another area.

Khornes rival is Slaanesh, as long as the beastman shaman doesn't get a message telling him to attack the Champions forces, all should be good.

Cool, thanks.

Now, let's see if and how my player's can assemble a defense against such a combined force. :D

I'd say the Khorne warrior could ally with the beastmen through either a trial of combat or the shaman being convinced that the gods wish them to follow the champion.

The orcs would be more mercenary. They are generally attracted to fighting and looting. So they are basically mercenaries rewarded with spoils of war. The orc leader would be wary of any slight to his position though. Orcs constantly fight over ranking, so if he feels the human is getting uppity, the orc might "'Ave to showz 'im 'o da real boss iz!". Same if the village resistance is too weak, the orcs might feels that they could beat everyone themselves and don't need any allies.

As I see it, there is 50/50 chance of beastmen joining the champion. If it suits your needs, just make those beastmen worship Khorne as well, that would make it more 'natural'.

As for the Orcs, I would be more vary of joining them with Chaos forces. They are not in the 'Chaos Camp'. Perhaps Champion and beastmen attack the village, and during the battle Orcs shows up and fight everyone, creating confusion. It would be a chance for PCs to think clever ideas how to turn it on their advantage.

Or make players aware of orcs being in the area, see if they figure out to lure orcs against beastmen

Edited by Valhall Awaits Me

I agree that beastmen are far more logical than Greenskins. Greenskins aren't generally allied with Chaos, they have their own powers (Gork and Mork) and in some earlier editions are actually a bit resistant to Chaos. They are their own brand of trouble like undead.

Beastmen are creatures of Chaos, thus more logically swayable. While they are mostly a "generic Chaos" force, there are in fact "beastmen of Khorne". Give one the mark of khorne (if you have that from Omens of War Box)

Also see:

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Beastmen

I've never been a fan of the "Orks falling to Khorne" idea, because it doesn't usually happen very often. The Orkish psyche is permanently connected to their mushroom Gods, and as long as there are other Orks around the bond just gets stronger. An individual Ork or two that are separated might do it, but they're not spilling blood for other people, they're doing it because it's as natural to them as breathing.

Beastmen are all over joining up with Chaos champions though. And if you just attack the village so that the Orks come and investigate, and then they steamroll through that village first.