Captain Somos repaint/mod

By kowagaru, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

So I decided to repaint Kayn Somos in all chrome and gave him a cape to resemble Captain Phasma. So here he is. Tell me what you think.

Edit: He has been updated since these photos with a black base.

K4n0zOY.jpg

Edited by kowagaru

It's a really neat idea to distinguish him. From the pictures I think he could do with a thinned down black wash over the metal. The cape looks pretty good, nice foldings on the backside.

I know this is supposed to be Captain Phasma esque, but all it screams to me is "By your command." You just need a red dot.

Nice green stuff work! Looks pretty boss.

Nice green stuff work! Looks pretty boss.

Actually was no green stuff. Just stole the cape from a royal guard champion.

I like your work! Nice touch by stealing the cape, too.

I would suggest painting the base dark, though. It would give better contrast for the figure.

So I decided to repaint Kayn Somos in all chrome and gave him a cape to resemble Captain Phasma. So here he is. Tell me what you think.

FWIW, Phasma is female (played by Gwendoline Christie ).

Sweet model though! Nice work on the cape!

I know she is. But Somos is still Somos and he's male. Just looking like Phasma.

I like your work! Nice touch by stealing the cape, too.

I would suggest painting the base dark, though. It would give better contrast for the figure.

I did paint the base black. Just not before I took these photos. All my imps have black bases.

Phasma was changed at the last minute to a female actor when initial fan reactions to the cast photo indicated that people were concerned that there were only two women. Also by making Phasma a woman, it allowed for the cast to be more diverse and simultaneously made the character far more memorable than the chrome armor ever could have.

She's memorable for *both of her lines and the way she walked around and did nothing in that scene she was in the background of.

Christie has talent. Phasma could have been played by a sea cucumber.

The good news is, as a tribute to Lucas "better" films, they had the character survive the destruction of Starkiller base by hiding in a refrigerator.

Edited by Sam Tomahawk

She's memorable for *both of her lines and the way she walked around and did nothing in that scene she was in the background of.

Christie has talent. Phasma could have been played by a sea cucumber.

The good news is, as a tribute to Lucas "better" films, they had the character survive the destruction of Starkiller base by hiding in a refrigerator.

:)

It's been confirmed that Pharma will be back in future films. She'll surely get more chance to do stuff in the future. (and FWIW It's not like Boba did much on screen either. ;) )

It's been confirmed that Pharma will be back in future films. She'll surely get more chance to do stuff in the future. (and FWIW It's not like Boba did much on screen either. ;) )

he dented the side of a sailbarge....flew a ship....backchatted dark helmet.....you're right...thats about it really

Big Pharma has its hands in everything, it seems.

Edited by KalEl814

he dented the side of a sailbarge....flew a ship....backchatted dark helmet.....you're right...thats about it really

I wasn't a fan. We didn't need a polished armor standout. It reeked of gimmick-y to me.

I wasn't a fan. We didn't need a polished armor standout. It reeked of gimmick-y to me.

Take that back, you must.

4703223-7381169232-38217.jpg

Edited by thecactusman17