Strange Fashion

By Smazzurco, in UFS General Discussion

i think everyone seems to be forgetting that this card, as well as stopping throws, makes mid blocks block any attack "fully". if i was still running earth id of course be running this card, if anything cus i dont have killer android for low blocks. pretty well "negates" alot of rugis zone changing shenanigans

Ziephnir said:

i think everyone seems to be forgetting that this card, as well as stopping throws, makes mid blocks block any attack "fully". if i was still running earth id of course be running this card, if anything cus i dont have killer android for low blocks. pretty well "negates" alot of rugis zone changing shenanigans

ya first thing i thought when i saw the card was "hey, that's half of tira's contract" (well sorta, not an R)

ROTBI said:

Might we expect you to be running these in your "Smoke 'em if you got 'em" deck?

Thinking about it.

I'm told that I have to run Forced to Eat Kittens in my deck. So I'm trying to balance out how exactly to make that go. (I only own 1 copy of forced to eat kittens, so law of averages, people may be disappointed.)

Ziephnir said:

Sadly no this doesn't shut down Mitsurigi at all unless you have P2P with Strange Fashion. Mitsurugi can can get +4-6 speed easy on his attacks with little effort. He can run any life character attack tactic well or even better then the original character. Again Strange Fashion commits itself thus making it good for one attack. YOu need 3 out to stop the average attack turn. Mitsiruigi has mad draw ability and he can draw for breathing with his support. With any form of check hax he will just keep pushing the attack. This card doesn't stop any speed pump, stun, or both speed pump and stun character. All it does is mildly slow down low speed attacks such as throws.

Antigoth said:

ROTBI said:

Might we expect you to be running these in your "Smoke 'em if you got 'em" deck?

Thinking about it.

I'm told that I have to run Forced to Eat Kittens in my deck. So I'm trying to balance out how exactly to make that go. (I only own 1 copy of forced to eat kittens, so law of averages, people may be disappointed.)

Same here. I was lucky enough to obtain 1 copy of FtEC. Maybe Marius Gaius could help.

Hayamachop said:

hard gay with 4 jins.

Stfu

Strange Fashion has a bad case of bad symbol syndrome. Apart from Earth, Good is a much-debated symbol in terms of its use, and as much as we'd like to say Water is good, it just isn't. Water can finally be built and stand out from Life, but not enough so truly make it matter.

Earth is amazing enough to a point where foundation line-up matters. Also, it's a 3/5 no block and it only works against either Throws or partial blocks.

It's pretty much a sidedeck card. You won't always be able to block, and more importantly, you won't always be able to FULLY block an attack. You just have to accept it.