Mac OSX User needs help with WFRP Excel Tools

By Noelyuk, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

I've stumbled across various excel workbook tools for WFRP but cannot seem to get them to work properly.

This one for example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2izsriblkqxqs67/WFRP%20Inn%20Generator%20V2.11edit.xlsx?dl=0

Anyone uses mac osx and knows their way around excel? Or even a PC user that can test the tool for me and see if it works on PC? I don't know what I'm doing wrong but i've spent ages fiddling and despite browsing a bunch of excel techie forums I can't seem to find a solution. It's so frustrating. Please help

You could try the free online excel tool from microsoft?

the file opens for me, on PC, with OpenOffice, but I don't know if it works as it should. Its quite complicated, and I didn't spend too much time trying to figure it out

I can open it ok. The problem is that I can't get it to recalculate. Without that functionality it's little more than a series of tables. If I could work out how to get it to recalculate the data it would be an awesome tool

Probably ressurecting a dead thread, but in any case...

Noely, your file doesnt seem to work, but the original from liber fanatica does - in Windows. On Mac, neither do, and frankly, on my Mac I loaded Parallel Desktop so that I can run any Windows program (FG2, Strange Eons, different VOIP, and excel tools which WFRP has many) without bothering. I would highly recommend Parallel Desktop for a Mac.