The Gathering Storm >> A Campaign for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

ynnen said:

morskittar said:

I just noticed, last night, that Stromdorf is already on the new Reikland-specific map; it's at the top end of the Teuffeul, just south of Ubersreik.

+1 Fortune Point for Morskittar

I was waiting to see who would be the first to point out Stromdorf on the Reikland map found in the core set.

Haha! Thanks!

I will totally spend it to recharge my Observation, which I have completely used up by now.

ynnen said:

morskittar said:

I just noticed, last night, that Stromdorf is already on the new Reikland-specific map; it's at the top end of the Teuffeul, just south of Ubersreik.

+1 Fortune Point for Morskittar

I was waiting to see who would be the first to point out Stromdorf on the Reikland map found in the core set.

That's a good news -so we can see the town on the map. The intro adventure in the rulebook is one o the best i readed so I hope the campain will be even better.

I only hope that this campain will not end in the moment when the Storm of Chaos begins. For me the Storm of Chaos was a good idea, it was nice and makes a fine atmosphere but I don't like the end of it and that what happened after the Storm. The escape of Archaon to Grey Mountains is a mistake. He shuold die in the end battle if not killed by Voltan-reincarnation of Sigmar then the Chaos Gods should killed him - becouse He failed them. I don't know why he lives.

morskittar said:

I am studying some of my old maps of the Old world. it seems that there are two tributaries from the Grey Mountains that feed into the Teufel river. One going in a south-west direction, very close to Ubersreik self, before passing a small village called Flussberg that is the closest village to the Grey Mountains (in that direction).

the other tributary goes halfway between Ubersreik and Stimmigen and south into the mountains. The closest thing it passes are the mines of Hugeldal that are mined by the villagers of Messingen (pop. 80).

Would you say Stromdorf is close to the first tributary or the second?

Ubersreik (town, pop. 3,500)) and the surronding villages and hamlets fall under the domain of Graf Sigismund von Jungfreud. And the population in that area make a living in Ore Trade, Metalworking (Ubersreik), Agriculture and fishing.

Other villages of Ubersreik province are: Buchedorf (pop. 58), Flussberg (pop. 62), Geisbach (pop. 46), Poor Halheim (pop. 30), and Wurfel (pop. 52)

Disclaimer: this is information from the 1st edition. So there might have been some changes.

Hey I was just looking at "Eye for an Eye" in the Tome of Adventure, and Stromdorf is the closest place of interest near Ubersreik.

Interesting.

Even the Demo Adventure "Day Late, Shilling Short" starts off at the Red Moon Inn, also in Ubersreik.

Ho hum.

EDIT: beaten by Mal.

Necrozius said:

Hey I was just looking at "Eye for an Eye" in the Tome of Adventure, and Stromdorf is the closest place of interest near Ubersreik.

Interesting.

Even the Demo Adventure "Day Late, Shilling Short" starts off at the Red Moon Inn, also in Ubersreik.

Ho hum.

EDIT: beaten by Mal.

I don`t beat anyone (pun intended), particulary not pretty girls like you gui%C3%B1o.gif . I am a non-violent viking..well a non-violent viking frog that is.

I actually didn`t know that the Red Moon inn was in Ubersreik itself. cool.
Mal reporting in from the fuzzy land of weirdness.

I'm actually a dude, I just like pretty girl avatars.

That's it, I'm changing my pic.

Most of my current campaign is happening in Stirland.

Do you suppose that it would be possible to switch the location of this scenario from Reikland to another part of the Empire? I hope so.

Necrozius said:

Most of my current campaign is happening in Stirland.

Do you suppose that it would be possible to switch the location of this scenario from Reikland to another part of the Empire? I hope so.

Unless it heavily involves Altdorf, abundance of wizards or something like that I see no reason you couldn't port most adventures

Necrozius said:

I'm actually a dude, I just like pretty girl avatars.

That's it, I'm changing my pic.

LOL you don`t have to change your avatar. I was just pulling your finger. lengua.gif

didn`t know for sure, but was 99% sure that you where a dude. At least you confirmed it now.

I wont do it again I promise. keep your picture.

Mal Reynolds said:

LOL you don`t have to change your avatar. I was just pulling your finger. lengua.gif

didn`t know for sure, but was 99% sure that you where a dude. At least you confirmed it now.

Necrozius is not a women ?? sorpresa.gif

Sure looks like a pretty girl to me gran_risa.gif

Muahhahha, just teasing lengua.gif

We know You are a guy, You told that on several ocassions gui%C3%B1o.gif

he he

In my group we have one male player that sometimes like to play a female. But he`s allways surprised if one of the other PCs in the group, flirts a bit with his character or compliments him (her).

I think they are great roleplayers being able to see his PC rather than the player`s gender. I have always been sceptical to cross-gender players, but I see it works fine, and are more open-minded to the whole idea. Rather than speculating shamlessly, I accept it as a unique roleplaying opportunity. We could all learn something by trying to understand the other gender and be in his or her shoes. In the shakesperian time, female roles where played by male actors, beacuse it was not proper for women to be a actress.

Women are from venus and men are from saturn, you know that big gas giant. gran_risa.gif