I can't decide, can you? (your chance to contribute to a coming store tourney)

By dutpotd, in UFS General Discussion

dutpotd said:

guitalex2008 said:

dutpotd said:

Amaryllis Spin / Throneroom / Not Human ... but with Dragon Lifter ^^ the other attack (first one mentioned by guitalex is Hammer of the Gods) that grows with improved block mods!

- dut

RAWR, I KNEW the Good build would have freaking Dragon Lifter lol Might I ask if said build happens to have Grappling Knee Strike? Not that it's really needed lol

Nah, it uses 2 different kick attacks as predecessors to the Lifter. I've never been a fan of Grappling Knee Strike, at least not in Hilde where speed on the kill attack usually isn't the issue.

- dut

Leaping Snap Kick, Rolling Sobat, Konvict Kick, Soaring Dance are the only ones I can think of.

Homme Chapeau said:

Leaping Snap Kick, Rolling Sobat, Konvict Kick, Soaring Dance are the only ones I can think of.

Well, one of those is used with it yup ^^, keep in mind my deck is not ever solo-symbol, Good is just the primary in this case and the other Kick only shares Fire with Dragon Lifter.

- dut

go good and watch them cry and you kill them on their turn

I'd go with Order. Throne Room and Amaryllis are simply too good with Ultimate Team and Not Human.

MarcoPulleaux said:

I'd go with Order. Throne Room and Amaryllis are simply too good with Ultimate Team and Not Human.

I agree it is really strong.

Just under 2 hours left and I have a tie and Order is only trailing by a single vote!

Fire has 5, Order has 4, and Good 5.

Someone better vote so I don't have to determine a tie breaker.

- dut

I would go with good or order..im intrigued by both builds, at the same time i don't want to put you at 5-5-5 and have wasted time :P

rC( -_- ) said:

I would go with good or order..im intrigued by both builds, at the same time i don't want to put you at 5-5-5 and have wasted time :P

So, uh is that a vote for Good?

- dut

I demand a rematch so your going to have to run fire now

jackpot-444 said:

I demand a rematch so your going to have to run fire now

Bah don't listen to them I still think you should build the Good symbol. Then we can playtest it if it doesn't work then you can play with fire for Saturday.

rematch who says you'll be in the finals with him, you both could get knocked out.

dutpotd said:

rC( -_- ) said:

So, uh is that a vote for Good?

- dut

Assuming rC is voting for Good, which is what it sounds like (the only vote that could be placed and not leave me at 5-5-5 and still be Order or Good), the voting ended at forum time 23:00 and the final votes are...

Fire - 5

Order - 4

Good - 6

= I will be putting together and running a primarily Good symbol Hilde deck for Saturday.

Thank you to everyone that voted and please look for my reports (I think it is first tourney with new set legal) come Monday.

- dut

GO AWESOME HALO OF GOOD!!!

YES GOOD PREVAILS. Now you have to kill them with a reversal plox

Finally gonna now what Good Hilde's like :D Get'em guy!

For all of you you wondering on how Dutpotd did with his Good Hilde deck. Well you may have to wait a little longer now. Here in Calgary we had a snow storm yesterday. This morning I made the judgement call and postpone the event. Till the next available tournament day. The weather wasn't great to drive in, plus Dut got his car stuck 7 times in less than 24 hours.

iceman01 said:

For all of you you wondering on how Dutpotd did with his Good Hilde deck. Well you may have to wait a little longer now. Here in Calgary we had a snow storm yesterday. This morning I made the judgement call and postpone the event. Till the next available tournament day. The weather wasn't great to drive in, plus Dut got his car stuck 7 times in less than 24 hours.

Sigh, to update on my misery... I just got stuck again in my own neighborhood (this time my car is left in themiddle of the road <no worries no one will be driving there, snow is too high and you can get around my car still if you are crazy to brave said high snow>) coming home at midnight here after my work Christmas party.

So, again I get to wake up and first thing brave the elements, dig out a car. Chances are, cuz the snow is like 1.5 times higher up on the hill here (yes it is possible) I will get stuck 2 or 3 more times trying to get to my driveway, then I will likely get stuck again when trying to leave mid afternoon for soccer = yay!

On the plus side, my Good Hilde did well in the playtesting that replaced the Sunday tourney, suffering it's only 50/50 games to a tweaked Hata, and more or less dominating all the rest.

I know what needs to be fixed and it will be even better for the actual tourney :)

- dut

dutpotd said:

iceman01 said:

Sigh, to update on my misery... I just got stuck again in my own neighborhood (this time my car is left in themiddle of the road <no worries no one will be driving there, snow is too high and you can get around my car still if you are crazy to brave said high snow>) coming home at midnight here after my work Christmas party.

So, again I get to wake up and first thing brave the elements, dig out a car. Chances are, cuz the snow is like 1.5 times higher up on the hill here (yes it is possible) I will get stuck 2 or 3 more times trying to get to my driveway, then I will likely get stuck again when trying to leave mid afternoon for soccer = yay!

On the plus side, my Good Hilde did well in the playtesting that replaced the Sunday tourney, suffering it's only 50/50 games to a tweaked Hata, and more or less dominating all the rest.

I know what needs to be fixed and it will be even better for the actual tourney :)

- dut

I gotta steal Shane's gimmick here and say "itzgud".

try order. see if it can work in newfs. i hope to hear of victory.

trane said:

try order. see if it can work in newfs. i hope to hear of victory.

Amy makes it work.

Polar bears need to become legal transport in Canada. Either that or snow mobiles.

I decided to pull this thread out from the depths of the forums (December 6th is a few pages of topics back now, time flies) because, even though UFS card printing is 'dead' at the moment, we are still having our second of two store tournies here in Calgary this coming January 2nd, 2010 and I still intend to use the Hilde that won the most votes here, i.e. the Good version.

I think it is kind of premature for the players of UFS to just stop playing and contributing ideas, results, and the like to these forums. We have always had one of the more active FFG forums, we have an incredibly good group of players, and a new (last) set of cards that has a fairly profound impact on the way the standard format is played.

All that said, I look forward to Saturday, our second store tourney, and similarily I look forward to sharing the results with the community like I always do.

- dut

MarcoPulleaux said:

Polar bears need to become legal transport in Canada. Either that or snow mobiles.

However, the fuel cost of transport for a polar bear is probably your firstborn.

Buy a hovercraft.

frehocc said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

However, the fuel cost of transport for a polar bear is probably your firstborn.

Buy a hovercraft.

Secondborn.

Back on track, we had our second Calgary store tourney yesterday w/ 14 players(not 20 like our last one, but not bad under the circumstances - announcement and holiday weekend etc.).

I happened to sucessfully repeat, and with the 'Good' Hilde deck, going 4-0-0 in Swiss and ignoring the curse for the first place finish in the finals bracket (we cut to top 8 even though 4 might have been more appropriate).

I will write up a full report and post the decklist as per usual, but some highlights.

- 3 Sophitias, 1 was diversified, 1 finished 2nd. My only game losses were to Sophitia yesterday, my final record was 14-2-0.

- It was weird, of the top 4, I had already played the other 3 players in Swiss. i.e. the computer hates me and forces me to have tough and nasty opponents 'almost' every round.

- we had a Kyoufo that was siding into Mitsurugi

- I think Good Hilde is better than Fire Hilde if only because it runs fewer 'possibly dead' cards, see financial troubles and standoff

- per the store owner I am apparantly ranked 29/1000+ in battlspirits organized play North America... that's what happens when you show to 3 tournaments to help a buddy acquire playmats and win at all 3 appearances... I'm the King of the CORE in Calgary (my abdominals don't agree with this, at least at this pre-resolution-completion date)

- no ONE would play me for decks on the day (pansies) despite all my offers (and Vern, I only own 1 Hammer of the Gods, so winning your deck would have been a boon to my collection)

Top 8 was,

1 - Me Garett, dutpotd, - Hilde (Good 79% - 53/67 cards, Fire 64% - 43/67 cards, Order 54% - 36/67 cards)

2 - Mark Leblanc, - James Hata (Fire)

3 - Vern, dark121, - Sophitia (Fire, Order)

4 - Kaleb, Stythe, - Omar -> Heiachi (Chaos)

5 - Harry, - King (? sorry didn't catch any of your games)

6 - Brad, - Mitsurugi (Fire)

7 - Tanner, - Taki (? sorry didn't catch any of your games)

8 - Jon, magmint, - Astrid (Fire)

- I encourage everyone to check out my decklist (in the decklist section) and tourney report (in the tourney report section) as I get them up over the next day or so -

- dut

dutpotd said:

- no ONE would play me for decks on the day (pansies) despite all my offers (and Vern, I only own 1 Hammer of the Gods, so winning your deck would have been a boon to my collection)

well.... funny story, one of those hammers isn't even mine, but hey atleast i raced you for decks!