Remove corruption after defeat?

By Parathion, in Middle-earth Quest

Is it possible to remove a corruption card by paying two favour, after the hero has been defeated and placed into the nearest haven?

Parathion said:

Is it possible to remove a corruption card by paying two favour, after the hero has been defeated and placed into the nearest haven?

No only during the rest phase. happy.gif

Any rules support for that? Heal includes Rest, one could argue that the complete restoration of a hero after defeat includes Heal and Rest as well.

Parathion said:

Any rules support for that? Heal includes Rest, one could argue that the complete restoration of a hero after defeat includes Heal and Rest as well.

Restore =/= Rest. "A Broken Line of Kings" Plot prevents Resting (and encounters) in the Haven it affects, but if that Haven is the closest to a defeated Hero, they still recover.

Parathion said:

Check page 32 for the steps to follow for "Defeated Heroes". In step 4, the heroes "Recover", but don't rest or heal. They don't have the chance to remove corruption as they would during the "Rest" step.

TK

Accroding to RAW, you are probably right.

But the steps to be performed during Heal and during "Restoration" are more or less the same, aren´t they? The hero player shuffles all cards from his pools to recreate his life pool in both cases. The only tiny difference I might see is that during Heal his hand remains as it is, while during Restoration his hand is empty anyway (and thus remains as it is as well) and all his cards form the life pool.

Parathion said:

Accroding to RAW, you are probably right.

But the steps to be performed during Heal and during "Restoration" are more or less the same, aren´t they? The hero player shuffles all cards from his pools to recreate his life pool in both cases. The only tiny difference I might see is that during Heal his hand remains as it is, while during Restoration his hand is empty anyway (and thus remains as it is as well) and all his cards form the life pool.

Agreed, they are similar. The differences are: you can't remove corruption during "Recover"; in "Recover" you are sent to the nearest Stronghold; they occur in different parts of the turn sequence. The rules writers were very specific in laying out the steps for each process. Just follow the rules for each situation.

If I had to guess at a reason for the "no corruption removal" rule, it would be: There's not much penalty for "dying' otherwise. There's got to be some disadvantage to getting "killed" by the bad guys.

TK

Tim Kelly said:

If I had to guess at a reason for the "no corruption removal" rule, it would be: There's not much penalty for "dying' otherwise. There's got to be some disadvantage to getting "killed" by the bad guys.

TK

I agree completely! gran_risa.gif