New-to-DH GM

By xxiii, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Hi all. Well, I've been trying to get into a Dark Heresy group of late - and haven't had any bites. So I've decided (as how it almost always happens) to post up at my LGS that I will run Dark Heresy for a small group of people.

I've ran WFRP V2 since it came out so I'm vaguely familiar with the concept behind the system however, I was wondering if there was anything I need to keep an eye out on as far as any rough spots you've discovered through extensive game-play?

I plan on starting off with Shattered Hope - then fitting my own campaign over that foundation.

I just wanted to come in here and introduce myself to everyone and get some insight from those of you who have ran/played DH for some time.

Thanks tons.

Throne preserve us.

I highly, highly recommend running the Edge of Darkness mission. Shattered Hope seemed like a fairly standard "shoot stuff" romp to me with an ending likely to kill off half the group (something better saved for Illumination). EoD has a bit of everything and is pretty open ended about how the acolytes can go about their investigation. They can foul it up massively and still survive, though they'll be waist-deep in **** with their superiors for doing so.

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/dark-heresy/pdf/edge-of-darkness.pdf

I have the module from the old site - just never got around to getting a game together - so hopefully I'll be running a game after the first of the year...and will definitely take into consideration your suggestion - I'll paw thru it tonight and see what comes up....

Since it's open ended hopefully, I'll be able to add my own spin to it for the rest of the campaign...