Fantastic Mr. Fox

By MarcoPulleaux, in UFS Deck Building

Because he's simply more dangerous than ever, our favorite Fox now enters the ring with all sorts of new tricks that have upped his aggressive game since we last saw him.

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Steve Fox* - Fire

Actions: 3

3x Ascending Zephyr 2/5

Assets: 6

3x Wonderworld Comics 2/5 +3-LOW [Terrain]
3x Path of the Master 2/5 +2-MID [unique]

Attacks: 16

4x Blazing Fist 5/3 +2-LOW
4x Hammer of the Gods 5/3 +2-HIGH [stun: 2]
4x Tandoya 5/3 [stun: 1]
4x Turn Thruster 4/2 +1-MID [stun: 1]

Foundations: 39

4x For the Money 2/5 +3-MID
3x Paid to Protect 2/5 +3-MID
3x Stand Off 2/5 +3-MID
4x Nursing a Grudge 2/5
4x For Justice 2/5
3x Financial Troubles 2/5
3x Inhuman Speed 2/5
4x Looking for a Thrill 2/4 +3-HIGH
4x Hungry for Battle 2/4
4x The Strength Within 1/5 +2-MID
3x Hope for One's People 0/5 +3-HIGH

R/F for R/F

I like Blazing Fists in this deck build. I couldn't find room in mine, although i originally had 3x of them AND 3x of Gut Drills (along with Tandoyas, Hammer of the Gods, and Turn Thrusters), but i found that 18 attacks were 2 too much.

Still, for a Steve Fox deck that looks to go nova as early as possible, it's hard to beat Blazing Fists' inclusion into the main.

How about Brooding, because it's a 1/5 with a block that is still damage pump, and (oddly enough) combos with Hope for Ones People? At the very least, it will help you build faster, and speed in all areas seem to be the name of this particular game.

Blazing Fists now matters even moreso than it once did because of Inhuman Speed's ability to change them to off-zones, and easy speed/damage pumps to push them all through.

I considered Brooding, but it didn't get the nod purely because Hungry for Battle offers a better damage pump. In this deck, it can be anywhere from 1 to 4, as opposed to Brooding which is just 1. Also, The Strength Within is all-around better, and combos with Looking for a Thrill more fluidly.