Big sale on UFS

By vermillian2, in UFS General Discussion

Check out the online store.

New starters for 2 dollars. Box of SCIV for 20 dollars. OMGzor. Bodes well or poorly for UFS?

If anyone ever wanted to do demos and needed cards, here's a pretty cheap way to go about it.

where did you see that?

On FFG online store? there's no such 2$ starters box or whatever there...

post a link :)

The starters are all $2 each. I had my doubts about FFG staying in the CCG business, and this doesn't help at all.

Its just a Holiday Sale . Not the end of the world (still 2+ years on that).

-Tinman

EDIT: And you will notice the Shadowar and SCIV1 boxes are priced at half the Fight Life box value, for obvious reasons.

ok found it :) you need to follow the Holiday special link or you will end up with regular prices...

Still, it's a bad way to thank the retail store for their support... Its a "F*ck you retail store event!"

No Tekken box however....

Actually, retailers can get the same "discount" off the real price, so they can buy stuff for even cheaper and make a similar profit ... or of course they could buy it dirt cheap and then sell it at regular price after the sale is over.

alright. I finally got those SEs i needed :)

I know, thinking about picking up a few starters myself! lols

This worries me and excites me at the same time.

I'm worried about the seemingly desperate attempt to dispatch the old stock, although this could possibly be FFG really trying to make a brand new slate for the game, dispatching everything that came before it (although that doesn't explain SCIV and SW being on there...) I'm glad Tekken 6 isn't on there, otherwise I'd be really worried.

On the other hand, if everything they have in the sale goes, it means that it's proven to them that UFS is still a wanted game and that maybe it'll show it all up in their eyes. The old stock being in there is a blessing in disguise. People have been clamouring for Legacy to be more supported than it has been, well, here's the chance for it to be so. Think about it, if you're buying booster boxes at $20 a pop, those boosters can be used as prizes for Legacy events, for which you charge $1 or $2 each player to enter, allowing everyone to get plenty of stuff, and the organiser having made most, if not all of their money back. The $2 starter decks can be used to make Legacy sealed events.

An idea I've been having recently is to make Legacy events, to try and pull back players who used to play but either couldn't afford to continue or didn't like the idea of rotation, and use current rotation boosters as prizes for said event. This way, it encourages people to perhaps want to respark their interest back up again.

Now I've only got to find out how much it's going to cost me to get these cards over to the UK, then I'm sold :P

Viewtiful_Joe said:

Now I've only got to find out how much it's going to cost me to get these cards over to the UK, then I'm sold :P

Well i bought two Fight Kits last week - shipping was $53......

And that doesn't take into account the problem if it gets hit-up at customs.....

Viewtiful_Joe said:

I'm worried about the seemingly desperate attempt to dispatch the old stock, although this could possibly be FFG really trying to make a brand new slate for the game, dispatching everything that came before it (although that doesn't explain SCIV and SW being on there...) I'm glad Tekken 6 isn't on there, otherwise I'd be really worried.

I'm personally worried but that's just me. One of the things that have been plaguing the company was the inability to recoup losses on unsold stock - to the point where they sent boxes of older stock as part of pre-release or prize kits. My guess is simple : This is all an elaborate marketing plan in order to have far less unsold stock, even if it is at dirt-cheap prices, than before.

Joe:

My problem is that I can barely get people willing to play the game if I give them a few boosters for an entry fee of one dollar... IDK. I havent' really tried. NO TIME!

This worries me.

Def a big discount on a bunch of everything...

Covering it up with oooh gais, holiday sale!!!
when you wanna just sell loose stock.

Everybody wants to be a bodyguard.

vermillian said:

My problem is that I can barely get people willing to play the game if I give them a few boosters for an entry fee of one dollar... IDK. I havent' really tried. NO TIME!
:)

Shaneth said:

This worries me.

Dude... too much conspiracy. You worry about too much.

They did this last year with a bunch of their stock too.

They're still producing those games too.

The big surprise to me on this is that they somehow have booster displays of darkstalkers 2.

Antigoth said:

The big surprise to me on this is that they somehow have booster displays of darkstalkers 2.

Weird, I thought the sale page said out of stock for the DS02, but why put it there if it is out of stock?

In any case, sales are to be expected, as you can see it isn't just UFS that is being given some serious price cuts to 'move' inventory. They've already been selling SW01 and SCIV (1) for a relatively low price as it comes with the fight kits, etc. I think part of the reason they've cut the price on those base sets are just that: they are the base sets for what is standard, and what is standard is something that normally wouldn't be standard until later, and under this exceptional circumstance they decided to make the required stuff (base set) a bit more available to the masses.

What will be interesting is to see if tekken and/or SCIV 2 get a price cut in the future.

Plus you know **** well there would be people talking if the only thing on sale was 'legacy', i.e. not legal for what their group plays...

I can tell you for a fact our retailers haven't even been able to get the SCIV set 1 stuff, it all sold out and getting more was an issue for a reason. And the Shadowar stuff has come and gone, i.e. continues to be sold, especially to the new players we are attracting.

I'm pretty sure that you can gauge the sucess of UFS and whether it will continue based on how much the newest/latest set sells, and from what I can tell people are liking SCIV (2) ... so, convince your new players to catch up by buying the sale stuff (esp. SCIV (1) and SW, the starters especially are a really good deal.

- dut

okay guys, let's drop the doomsday nonsense. I guess holiday shopping means nothing to you all?

Um...Haven't you guys heard of holiday sales? Of course they want to move their back stock. They probably still make a profit at that price. I don't know for sure. At any rate, treat it as a blessing and something that worries you. But, be sure to take advantage of the $25.00 SCIV and Shadow war boxes. I don't think will see rock bottom prices like this for a while.

And if you worry the game is going to die, you need to buy more product and support the company. I understand we're not all made of money. But going to your brick and mortar hobby store and buying a pack or two a week might help make sure it doesn't die. The players are much more in control of the life or death of the game then they think.

Postman197865 said:

But, be sure to take advantage of the $25.00 SCIV and Shadow war boxes. I don't think will see rock bottom prices like this for a while.

The Fight Life Kit is a better deal. For 50 bucks plus shipping, you get both plus amazing promos.

The way I view it:

Where else are you gonna get a playset of Chasing After the Power and Shadow Flare, Reaver's Axe and Relentless, and other cards such as Berserker Rage, Dragon Punch, Autumn's Kiss, Base Hold, and Soul Wave* for 4 bucks a pop?

MarcoPulleaux said:

The way I view it:

Where else are you gonna get a playset of Chasing After the Power and Shadow Flare, Reaver's Axe and Relentless, and other cards such as Berserker Rage, Dragon Punch, Autumn's Kiss, Base Hold, and Soul Wave* for 4 bucks a pop?

The way I view it :

Where else will you get boned on shipping to make this deal absolutely not worth your while if you're anywhere except the U.S.?

Homme Chapeau said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

The way I view it:

The way I view it :

Where else will you get boned on shipping to make this deal absolutely not worth your while if you're anywhere except the U.S.?

Buy some boxes and it's worth it (at least it is for me, and I'm not even in the mainland).

@Marco: I agree completely on the starter rare grabfest. But the SCIV01 and SW01 boxes for $25 is also a good deal even with the existence of the Fight Life kit, because you can skew it toward something you're looking for. For example, I play Siegfried* off of Good . I don't give a rat's a$$ about most of the ShadoWar support (with the notable exception of Dragon's Flame ), so I buy SCIV01 boxes.

FFG always tries to clear out old stock, fight life and fight night didnt get 2012esque theories out so why now? its a buisness and they need place to store ****, so maybe they decided to sell old stock that probably wouldn't get bought otherwise. Calm down people, god it is easy to get UFSers wound up.

LordAggro said:

Buy some boxes and it's worth it (at least it is for me, and I'm not even in the mainland).

If you don't have to pay duty costs, then you have no leg to stand on.

Homme Chapeau said:

LordAggro said:

If you don't have to pay duty costs, then you have no leg to stand on.

2nded. Just to give you all an example - Store Championship kits - cost everyone $20 right?

After shipping, Customs, and Duty? Cost us $40.

Also FFG tends to ship everything UPS across the border.

Last time I had Less then $20 worth of card shipped to me via UPS, they tried to charge me $25 in brokerage fees. (I told them to stuff their brokerage fees, and return the package to sender.)

So shipping "up" to Canada, actually gets to be pretty expensive really quickly.

That sad - great deal = great deal.

Homme Chapeau said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

The way I view it:

The way I view it :

Nobody said you had to play an American's card game. If you're so worried about shipping, make an American friend and have them buy it, and then you simply pay them that same amount.

I'll never understand your tirade against FFG's non-Canadian-supportive shipping, because if they've clearly never fixed what you view as an issue, I'd simply say accept it as an unfortunate inevitability, and complacency will come with it.