Taki and her terrain

By Ziephnir, in UFS Rules Q & A

If i use Taki's 'E: If your attack deals damage, add it to your staging area face down as a blank foundation during the End Phase.' and also use Tower of Remembrance - Ancient Gate's 'E Commit: If your attack deals damage, turn it face down.' will the face down card resolve to my staging area during the end phase?

No. When something is turned face down, it loses memory of anything that happened to it. That includes anything that would resolve at the end of the turn. This was ruled on a while back dealing with Assassin's Strike and Possession Stance.

the thing is though i can choose to resolve it in either order. the real question being: if i resolve the terrains E first to turn it face down, will the trigger disappear or can i resolve Taki's effect and say that the card thats now face down will go to my staging area at the end of the turn

This is why there is a problem trying to have your cake and eat it too. The terrain says "E Commit: If your attack deals damage, turn it face down." Taki reads "E: If your attack deals damage, add it to your staging area face down as a blank foundation during the End Phase." So yes, you can try and flip around the floating effects, but they net you the same result. Situations A and B:

A: Resolve Taki E first: Taki E marks attack to be dropped as a foundation in the End Phase. Terrain E flips the attack over, causing Taki E to fizzle when it would resolve, as the card is no longer the card marked.

B: Terrain E resolves first: Terrain E resolves, flipping attack over (now a face down card). Taki E tries to resolve, but finds out there is no longer an attack which to mark, and fizzles.

So in the end, you have a blank face down card, and no foundation at the end of the turn.

-Tinman

I'm not sure I buy explanation B.

aslum said:

I'm not sure I buy explanation B.

That's okay... you don't have to. It's yours for free. We're giving it away, complete with a *STAMP*

When the attack flips upside down, Taki's E goes to resolve, and can't find the attack there anymore to attach itself to.

i was fairly sure it would be that way but i felt it was worth a try and something that would come up eventually.