Time Length of a Game

By Hawknight, in Ingenious

How long does this game last?

As there is no text to read (and unless you take it REALLY serious), finish a game is a matter of half an hour.

It is strategic abstract game which last up to one hour. Problem can occour when you have players that do not plan ahead and tend to over-think (as is with lots of strategic games).

Since it is abstract (with easy rules) it is very playable with nongamers (but that is another subject :) )

morpheus said:

It is strategic abstract game which last up to one hour. Problem can occour when you have players that do not plan ahead and tend to over-think (as is with lots of strategic games).

Since it is abstract (with easy rules) it is very playable with nongamers (but that is another subject :) )

For my game group is has never taken more than 40 minutes to finish and in that group we have some heavy thinkers. It's quick and relatively light and the decissions are generally easy.

I only have the Traveller's Edition which is only 2-player style and we are usually done in 15-20 minutes as long as there are no interuptions.

I don't think we've ever had a 4 player game go to an hour, even with a couple of brand new players. I'd say 30 - 45 minutes would be our average.

That's about right for us, too. With a group that's really old hat at it it can take even less than that.

Sweet. I've been eyeballing this game for some time. I've got some family that are not into a lot of the themed games out there, so I've been looking at for some good abstracts that take less than an hour. This seems to fit the bill...

It's a pretty quick game. Kinda depends on # of players, but even with max players it plays fast. Downtime between your turns is not an issue too. Very good family game!

I've always found this game to play at a fast pace. It is a great game that finishes up fast yet it's quite a deep abstract game, with tons of strategies.

So nope, time has never been an issue for me with this game, even with slow players.

I tend to find that 2 player games are about 20 minutes and about 5-10 minutes per player after that.

One a side note, I taught the travel edition to a 6 year old and her father a couple of weeks ago and it took them 30 minutes. He came back the next day with his other daughter and they played three player.

John

played this with Knizia @ Knizia-con 09,with 4 players,and it took bout 1/2 hour aplauso.gif

My experience has been under an hour, even with multiple people who tend to suffer from "analysis paralysis" in the game, or with people who are not at all experienced with abstract strategies. Normally games run 20-45 minutes in my experience.