A Little Confused About Deckbuilding

By Steel Rabbit, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

So, all the rules for deckbuilding are included in that little column on page 18, right? It seems a little loose. Are there any more restrictions? Can I just throw any Destruction card into a Destruction deck, or an Order card into an Order deck? Do I need one of those alliance cards if I want to have High Elves in my Empire deck? Also, how many neutral cards am I allowed to have? In the "For the First Game" section on page 8 it says that you should shuffle 10 neutral cards each into both decks. Do you do that too when you're deckbuilding?

Thanks for any help!

Rule after that, what you read.

The only rules are:
minimum 50 cards
maximum 3 copys of one card
only order or destruction
possible card rules for deckbuilding (atm skaven cards)

One last rule, at most you can have 100 cards. Haven't really built a deck yet, but basically building a deck can be considered part of the game.

Hmm... Thanks. It was one of those things where it seemed so simple it couldn't be true.

Like everything about this game, it is easy to do, hard to master.

dormouse said:

Like everything about this game, it is easy to do, hard to master.

Agreed, the big thing I find is people need to forget any other CCG's that they might have played. Common one my friend kept doing today was trying to tap his units for attacking. I kept laughing at him.

Actually I've found that most people who have a feeling that one unit is substantially weaker/stronger than the others it is because they are trying to play them like another faction in another game.

Thats True Dormouse and Toqtamish,

i keep on making that mistakes since i come from wowtcg or other alike...

Since this is my 1s LCG, i keep turning 90 my cards to attack, and looking at them like i was looking at a normal card from a CCG.

And i still keep calling "lands" to anything that serves to pay a Cards Cost.

lol

But i am trying... i am trying.

I would definitly consider Spider Riders stronger than Crooked Teef Goblins. You can play Spider Riders as Meat Shild anywere and they have two power for attacking, while the goblins got only one.

Faction, not unit. So people who feel Chaos is weak keep trying to play it like it is a Red Deck in Magic, or Empire too week like a Green Deck. That is what I meant. they are far and away from this kind of strict comparison, though once you realize that a certain race/build plays like your favorite faction from another game it becomes easier to start to see which races best suit your playstyle, even if that is not the one which was "coolest" to you when you read about the description or looked at the cards.

dormouse said:

Faction, not unit. So people who feel Chaos is weak keep trying to play it like it is a Red Deck in Magic, or Empire too week like a Green Deck. That is what I meant. they are far and away from this kind of strict comparison, though once you realize that a certain race/build plays like your favorite faction from another game it becomes easier to start to see which races best suit your playstyle, even if that is not the one which was "coolest" to you when you read about the description or looked at the cards.

Isn't Chaos more Black and Empire White, going with a MtG analogy?

Dam said:

dormouse said:

Isn't Chaos more Black and Empire White, going with a MtG analogy?

Chaos does play alot like black does in Magic with discarding effects and "pestilance" type sweepers. Chaos also plays a little like blues board control however this comparison is a stretch because even though the effects are the same the impact the game completely differently due to the mechanics of each game.

Oddly enough the faction that plays most like white is actually orcs. They have 2-3 standard builds at the moment all of which reflect a playstyle of white with either a weenie assault or a control build that focuses on board control.

I would say empire kind of plays like blue in Magic but not really. Empire is nice in the fact that it is really independant of other game systems. What I mean by that is a lot of empires "tricks" and "combos" are based around mechanics only found in this game.

Fortunately i quit playing MTG in 1995 so I do not have a bunch of things to unlearn. Unfortunately this means that all of my screw-ups and misconceptions are pretty much an indictment of my limited faculties. babeo.gif