Why can't you mix Destruction and Order Races in a Deck?

By ventura72, in Warhammer Invasion Off Topic

My wife wants to play Chaos & Dwarf cards in the same deck, and doesn't really care about the restriction in the rules. Can anyone think of a good reason for that rule?

The reason is Theme. There may be game balance issues there too. But it really boils down to Theme.

Heck, I'm even very iffy on Dwarf-High Elf mixing (thus far with only the Core Set Helf cards, but even in the future when the Companion Set comes) purely on theme. Dwarf-Empire and Empire-Helfs are fine for my Old World theme correctness scale.

I don't care that much about theme, but the game hasn't been balanced for mixing dwarf & chaos decks, there would definitely be balance issues. The order is better at building things and destruction is better at destroying things :) (direct damage & support destroys). Can't cherry pick best of both of the worlds and expect any legal deck to keep up.

Totally agree with Lafi - game balance is the big issue here. Good luck, it'll get messy, I'd bet that much on it.

ventura72 said:

My wife wants to play Chaos & Dwarf cards in the same deck, and doesn't really care about the restriction in the rules. Can anyone think of a good reason for that rule?

As said above the main reason is fluff. I admit I though of many combos just to face the "oops... this card can't be played along this one into the same deck".

Hopefully, the Chaos Dwarves will arise again in the Warhammer world :)

I asked Eric about that at GAME 09 and he said, it is due to GW not allowing it.

jogo said:

I asked Eric about that at GAME 09 and he said, it is due to GW not allowing it.

Yeah, the game has been made with that restriction in mind, but it's not just theme anymore. Ofcourse who's going to stop you if you want to use house rules :)

Lafi said:

jogo said:

Yeah, the game has been made with that restriction in mind, but it's not just theme anymore. Ofcourse who's going to stop you if you want to use house rules :)

Fool! Have you not heard of the GW police lengua.gif ? They'll come and burn your cards if you use house rules. Same as if you paint your figures not according to standard colors (only they melt the figs).

I've already promised I'd play her Chaos/Dwarf Deck. I will have Empire/Orc, so it should be interesting. I'll let everyone know how it turns out once we've played. Hopefully, GW's not monitoring this thread or I might be in trouble!

ventura72 said:

I've already promised I'd play her Chaos/Dwarf Deck. I will have Empire/Orc, so it should be interesting. I'll let everyone know how it turns out once we've played. Hopefully, GW's not monitoring this thread or I might be in trouble!

I'll tell on you lengua.gif ! It's the W:I code.

jogo said:

Good news is that GW apparently allowed to have Orcs getting chaos mutations, and I love those ! gran_risa.gif

I'd like to see Chaos Dwarfs in W:I sometime... actually I'd like to see Chaos Dwarfs in Warhammer again period. :)

Chaos Dwarfs would be cool. I wouldn't be surprised, assuming that GW hasn't forbidden it, if they showed up as some sub-faction of Chaos at some point, or Destruction oriented neutrals.

There was a rumor floating around last year that they were going to be re-added to the mini's game but thus far nothing has come of it.

There've been rumors of Chaos Dwarfs coming back since 6th edition was released in 2000. I think it'll happen eventually, but I'm not waiting for them.