Hero's

By player1663673, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Please be kind if i have missed something, but i wondered if there was a limit to the number of times a single hero can come out on the board.

Most heros mention a limit of one per zone, but can I have the same hero in all three zones. Last night I was creamed by an Orc deck with Urguk in all three zones..

Can you point me to the page in the rulebook that says this if it is true.

many thanks, kevin.

"Some cards in this game are unique. They are marked
with a banner before their card name to indicate their
uniqueness.
If a player has a copy of a unique card in play, he
cannot play, take control of, or put into play (via a
card effect) another copy of that card." (p. 7)

Heroes have the banner on them.

Aha thank you, its because i was stuck on the "Hero" keyword that I missed it!

So what happens if I play a second copy of a hero as a Develoupment and it later gets revealed by another effect? Is it removed?

We're waiting for an official answer to that.

Alright! I will wait as well. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I think that it won't be possible, since you are able to see your own developments and realise the action is illegal, but there's no ruling about this. We can only wait for the official ruling :P

It would be removed due to the one per zone limit.

Gobbo said:

So what happens if I play a second copy of a hero as a Develoupment and it later gets revealed by another effect? Is it removed?

Seems to be the most likely answer. The rules seem clear on it not being allowed to stay on the board

Not precisely, the rules are clear that it is not legal to play a hero into a zone where one already is in play. It does not tell us how to resolve this at all if a hero is not being played from hand. This is one of those rare occassions where the rules do not give us any real information on the topic. I'm going to come over the rules in a couple days (when my Holiday is over) and see if I can't figure out if there are any applicable rules. If anyone has specific quotes from the rules that they feel address this issue (directly or obliquely) please post 'em.