Some Rules Questions

By Wu Ming, in Micro Mutants

The Ruplusor's Ability reads: Instead of Moving the Repulsor .... if you rolled say a Repulsor and a Warper and instead of moving the Repulsor you used its abilty (1) then you moved the warper and you captured a bug with it. Then the Warper's abilty activates and the Repulsor is within range, can you opt not to move the Repusor and use its abilty again? (I understand you may not as the Warper's Abilty seems to ignore target bug's special abilties, however it's unclear if it just ignore's the abilties of bug's you have moved.) Also along the same lines could you use your Extra Shot gained from the Warper capturing something to use the Repulsor's abilty again.

The basic heart of what I am getting at I guesse is is there a diffrence between MOVING a bug and having the bug "activated". If you were given the oprotunity to move a bug but for some reason opted to use an abilty, does that bug still count as having moved, or not? Also could a Webbed Tank or Repulsor use their alternate option (Flame / Repulse) or since they cannot move then their is no INSTEAD OF... option as they do not even have the "move" to begin with.

Any help, clarifications or comments would be apreciated. Just got this game yesterday and had fun (despite being awfully sick) playing with my mu, wife and son! Hoping FFG gives us some exspantions.

I play that if you activate a bug that is that. While the rules use the word "move" I believe that "instead of move" powers still count as its "move". So in your example the repulser is no longer available in any other way.

I adore this game and glad to see others taking it up. Hope many more get into it thanks to the sale!

Have fun!

No edit function?

I forgot to add that webbed is webbed. No use of that bug period until unstuck!

That's in liine what what I was feeling as well I just thought I'd check. Also I few other questions. If you are using the Warp Gate Special Terain, and the Warp Gate Tokens fall on Resources do the warped bugs capture said Resources when they replace the gate token? Also can you 'warp' bugs that have already been activate dthat turn, and could a warped bug also use its normal move (eithier with an Extra Shot or a Die Result.) Also do 'warped' bugs count as 'having moved' for the purpose of abilities that state "after this bug has moved you may...." This is a great game and I hop FFG gives it a bot more attenion, it moreso than (in my opinion of course) there 'family games' like Black Sheep or Rattle Snakes seems to be the most all around acessable game for players of varying ages.

Thanks for you answers ozjesting, hope you or other's can continue to help clarify aspects of this game for me.

Wu Ming said:

That's in liine what what I was feeling as well I just thought I'd check. Also I few other questions. If you are using the Warp Gate Special Terain, and the Warp Gate Tokens fall on Resources do the warped bugs capture said Resources when they replace the gate token? Also can you 'warp' bugs that have already been activate dthat turn, and could a warped bug also use its normal move (eithier with an Extra Shot or a Die Result.) Also do 'warped' bugs count as 'having moved' for the purpose of abilities that state "after this bug has moved you may...." This is a great game and I hop FFG gives it a bot more attenion, it moreso than (in my opinion of course) there 'family games' like Black Sheep or Rattle Snakes seems to be the most all around acessable game for players of varying ages.

Thanks for you answers ozjesting, hope you or other's can continue to help clarify aspects of this game for me.

No, you can't place a bug onto another piece ever (see "special rules in book) even in warp mode.

Yes, warped bugs who have yet to be activated may take a normal turn if you still have access to them after a warp throw. It is sort of like the Carriers ability in the Blue army.

And I agree, great game that deserves a bit more attention, and at least one 4 army expansion!